PDA

View Full Version : Yak Angler Access

CRobinson1985
04-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Hey Guys/Gals:

I have been a long time reader, few time poster with this forum over the years. I have been traveling for work over the last year and have not been able to enjoy the water much, but I recently upgraded my yak to a lure 11.5.

I took it out on priest last week but it looks like the craziness has already started this year as the water was packed and most boat ramps were full. I was looking for any insight from fellow yak anglers on where you are launching from or tips on finding some less pressured access to the water. I now live in the Smyrna area and have not had a chance to explore the Stones as of yet other than from the bank.

Any input would be appreciated.

lforet2002
04-18-2017, 06:09 AM
I went to Falls Creek 2 weeks ago in the yak. Not much boat traffic but there were a few. Did real well banging the shorelines catching crappie and bass on a curly tail magnet.

CreekFreak
04-18-2017, 10:59 AM
Have you tried the put-in at spring creek?Used it once,cool area to fish but not sure if it's a safe place place to go alone?

frayedknot
04-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Don't know how far you're willing to travel for good fishing but if you made a day trip out of it I know a nice little boat ramp on the Caney in the sparta area.. small, but plenty of parking, and great fishing. Twra ramp, it stays mowed and there's real good fishing on the bank as well. Twra website has a map of all public acess areas and it's on there.

TNBronzeback
04-23-2017, 02:15 AM
Not sure with all this rain, but if the long hunter ramp is open again, there is surprisingly good catfishing around the no-wake bouy on the far side. Coming off the main drop there is a good amount of chunk rock, a few scattered logs and such. Take ya some dead shiners and toss em out on bottom.....shouldnt take long.
Decent top water action there for bass in the early AM.
Added bonus: that is where all the bass get dumped back in after thier tournaments so there are always a few new residents in the area. They gotta eat again sometime!

agelesssone
04-23-2017, 08:48 AM
Long Hunter ramp is closed til the 24th. Opens on the 25th.