PDA

View Full Version : How is dock/shore fishing at Williamsport lately?

Barron County Hillbilly
04-06-2017, 09:56 AM
Won't be getting boat out too soon due to bum knees. How is dock/shore fishing at Williamsport lately? Any lake better than others? What's hitting on what bait?

Mikeyrrt
04-10-2017, 07:09 AM
Won't be getting boat out too soon due to bum knees. How is dock/shore fishing at Williamsport lately? Any lake better than others? What's hitting on what bait?

Best bet be rock dam area usual wind blows bait fish up against them an bass hit them in ther pretty good go to frank bait shop in river side in Columbia get big shiners 3-4 inch size use them over ther an do good think they 4.50 a dozen fish on float or just lightly toss them out weight less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
04-10-2017, 10:18 AM
What are you fishing for and I might can answer your question in better detail.

Regards

Barron County Hillbilly
04-11-2017, 05:23 PM
What are you fishing for and I might can answer your question in better detail.

Regards
Normally interested in bass, but took grandson out today and caught some dandy sunfish and 1 decent cat with redworms today on Whipporwill. With an ultralight, that was great fun. Meanwhile, what's up with Bass? My favorite lake is Shellcracker.

Barron County Hillbilly
04-11-2017, 05:25 PM
Best bet be rock dam area usual wind blows bait fish up against them an bass hit them in ther pretty good go to frank bait shop in river side in Columbia get big shiners 3-4 inch size use them over ther an do good think they 4.50 a dozen fish on float or just lightly toss them out weight less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for the tip. Which lake and what part of dam is best?

Alphahawk
04-11-2017, 08:26 PM
The bass fishing is still good but the bite was extremely good the last 30 days. If you want to catch crappie you can go on the dams at both Blue Cat and Shell Cracker. The bluegill and shellcracker will be there also. Catches of 100 crappie a day are possible off both dams. They like to get in the rocks....99 percent of the crappie in there are blacknose crappie...they relate to rock as well as wood. As for stopping at Franks in Riverside....well he may be there or not...you never know.

Regards

MdTnBankBustin
04-13-2017, 11:59 AM
The bass fishing is still good but the bite was extremely good the last 30 days. If you want to catch crappie you can go on the dams at both Blue Cat and Shell Cracker. The bluegill and shellcracker will be there also. Catches of 100 crappie a day are possible off both dams. They like to get in the rocks....99 percent of the crappie in there are blacknose crappie...they relate to rock as well as wood. As for stopping at Franks in Riverside....well he may be there or not...you never know.

Regards

WOW, not sure how i didn't know about this lake.. I have been looking for a place for better odds of my son (5) catching bass and crappie.

I will have to check this place out.. are the crappie still accessible to the bank fisherman... our other spots have cleared out it seems!

Thanks for this report!