PDA

View Full Version : Most fun ever

JKTrevecca
04-03-2017, 09:54 PM
My 7 year old wanted to fish when I got off work this afternoon . I almost turned him down but agreed to go. It was already 515 and I just didn't want to hassle with the boat.

Well he hooked into this little guy within 2 minutes of having baits in the water. Right after that I started casting a pearl shad body swim bait on a jig on my ultralight rod with 2 lb test. Hooked into something and 14 minutes later tired it out enough to Get it. It was only 5.5 lbs but I have never had more fun catching a fish. Ephraim got most of it on video and we were laughing and having a blast the whole time. Here is his catch. He insisted we keep them so I ate this 1 for dinner...

AllOutdoors
04-03-2017, 10:14 PM
Awesome! Great afternoon for sure!
Congrats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pinwheeled
04-04-2017, 08:09 AM
That's awesome. Can't wait til my little dude is big enough to go in the boat with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MdTnBankBustin
04-04-2017, 08:56 AM
My 7 year old wanted to fish when I got off work this afternoon . I almost turned him down but agreed to go. It was already 515 and I just didn't want to hassle with the boat.

Well he hooked into this little guy within 2 minutes of having baits in the water. Right after that I started casting a pearl shad body swim bait on a jig on my ultralight rod with 2 lb test. Hooked into something and 14 minutes later tired it out enough to Get it. It was only 5.5 lbs but I have never had more fun catching a fish. Ephraim got most of it on video and we were laughing and having a blast the whole time. Here is his catch. He insisted we keep them so I ate this 1 for dinner...

Good Looking fish there man and I can totally relate. My 5 year old wakes me up at 5 am asking to go get some "Striped trout, or rainbor bass"...his 2 favorites

Transplanted Sportsman
04-04-2017, 01:25 PM
That's The Real Fun there watching the young ones have the most fun, congrats!

Transplanted Sportsman
04-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Mid tn bank, that is real funny there man, I got a good chuckle!

Alphahawk
04-04-2017, 05:38 PM
Congrats...nothing like UL fishing.

Regards

lupanfreitag
04-05-2017, 12:13 PM
What it is all about. I can tell you my father took me fishing many a day he was way beyond exhausted. He sat and drank a few cold ones and watched me whip the water to a froth. I think he had as much fun watching me as I did catching those 10,000 bluegill. Especially when I fell into a huge mud bank. We both laughed for days.

Those kids will cherish those times...

FishAddict
04-08-2017, 07:45 PM
Good stuff there