PDA

View Full Version : A bad start but great finish!

Alphahawk
04-01-2017, 06:50 PM
Nephew and I started out at Dale Hollow looking for smallmouth. Not only did we not find the smallmouth cooperative we just about froze also. The weather man was off for the forecast up there and we were not dressed for the cold at all. So down the road we came and since we had to go by Center Hill we decided to stop and see if the fish wanted to play. The sun was out by then and it had warmed to 60 degrees. We caught crappie non stop....well over 100 crappie. Both of us were using Yamaga Blanks Blue Current TZ 6' 10" Jig Head Special UL rods. The line was 2# test SOS with a section of 2# test Phantom fluro leader. The lures were a Midnight Blue Dancer and a Mille colored Trout Magnet. If you look at the sonar image you can see why the action was non stop. Nothing like catching black nose crappie on UL rods and 2# test line. I did not keep any fish today...did not feel like cleaning them...LOL......life is good!

Regards

JKTrevecca
04-01-2017, 07:58 PM
You are the panfish whisperer alpha. Nice fish

Transplanted Sportsman
04-01-2017, 10:47 PM
Really pretty fish Mr Randy, I love the colors on them, that sonar pic looks awesome they are stacked real good there, my daughters and I struck out at normandy today spider rigging for about 4 hrs. not only we didn't catch any, we didn't get a bite and did not mark any fish on the helix, yet we had a good time, they must be shallow now, congrats!

Mikeyrrt
04-02-2017, 05:39 AM
I need to learn your ways , you were them out great catches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishAddict
04-02-2017, 08:06 AM
Pretty deep for 60 degrees.....

commdd
04-02-2017, 06:48 PM
alpha, great report, awesome screen shot. congraulations

unkangler
04-02-2017, 06:54 PM
congrats, .. isn't Spring the Greatest!

Alphahawk
04-02-2017, 07:26 PM
congrats, .. isn't Spring the Greatest!

Everything eats in April and May.

Regards

YETI-14
04-03-2017, 08:01 AM
Great pics. Thanks for sharing. You had way more fun than me. Hard to catch fish when having to mulch flower beds. Honey do's seem to never end this time of year...

deezelteck
04-03-2017, 04:19 PM
Good report and nice fish..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

massman
04-03-2017, 06:04 PM
very nice very nice

AllOutdoors
04-03-2017, 08:02 PM
Great catch to end the day. It would have been hard for me to turn back the crappie.
I'm no crappie fisherman, but they are sure good to eat. Lol
Congrats!
Persistence paid off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Schleprock
04-03-2017, 08:20 PM
Nephew and I started out at Dale Hollow looking for smallmouth. Not only did we not find the smallmouth cooperative we just about froze also. The weather man was off for the forecast up there and we were not dressed for the cold at all. So down the road we came and since we had to go by Center Hill we decided to stop and see if the fish wanted to play. The sun was out by then and it had warmed to 60 degrees. We caught crappie non stop....well over 100 crappie. Both of us were using Yamaga Blanks Blue Current TZ 6' 10" Jig Head Special UL rods. The line was 2# test SOS with a section of 2# test Phantom fluro leader. The lures were a Midnight Blue Dancer and a Mille colored Trout Magnet. If you look at the sonar image you can see why the action was non stop. Nothing like catching black nose crappie on UL rods and 2# test line. I did not keep any fish today...did not feel like cleaning them...LOL......life is good!

Regards

Nice, where do you usually put in at Center Hill, been using Cookeville Boatdock because it was close to home but now I have to take a ride to get to Center Hill so looking for a better place, a friend pust in at Hurricane but went there twice and had 5+ boats waiting to put in

Alphahawk
04-03-2017, 08:26 PM
Nice, where do you usually put in at Center Hill, been using Cookeville Boatdock because it was close to home but now I have to take a ride to get to Center Hill so looking for a better place, a friend pust in at Hurricane but went there twice and had 5+ boats waiting to put in

Depends on where I want to fish and water level. If water is at 630 I always put in at Hurricane Bridge. If 632 or higher I will put in at Edgar Evans or Hurricane.

Regards