PDA

View Full Version : Who's trying their luck today?

frayedknot
03-31-2017, 06:50 AM
Ok fellas, after the storm system moved through lastnight and has knock down temps a bit, who is still getting out and trying their luck today?

Lets see who can show out today?
Report back if ya did any good.
Pics!!

TnCreekMaster
03-31-2017, 07:58 AM
Might head up to the Cordell hull tailwater this evening looking like a sauger/smallmouth kinda day, I'll let ya know how I do if I go.

Tyler~

JKTrevecca
03-31-2017, 01:12 PM
I've been on JPP since about 6:15 this morning. Started searching for bait to snag some hybrids by the dam but stuggled to find the bait. Only had 3 by about 8am. Ended up crappie fishing up in stewarts creek and they were biting. Started to see bait flipping as it warmed up so I caught bait. I'm eating lunch at Fate Sanders now and heading out to try to find the hybrids this afternoon.

frayedknot
03-31-2017, 04:58 PM
Nice!, hope you got on some good ones. I headed out and did some bank fishing on the Caney this morning. Was windy but I had a limit within 2 hrs. Then around 1030 the bite shut off. Fished 2 more hrs walking banks up into creeks without a nibble. While it was cloudy this morning they were crushing a crankbait, caught 2 on a swim bait and 1 on a senko. Didn't find any smallies all day.

On the way home I hit up a small nursery pond just to finish the day off with some ultra lite fun.

frayedknot
03-31-2017, 05:51 PM
Notice the fish that has a head like a trout? Lol that's a trout head bass.. new species.

frayedknot
03-31-2017, 08:59 PM
I've been on JPP since about 6:15 this morning. Started searching for bait to snag some hybrids by the dam but stuggled to find the bait. Only had 3 by about 8am. Ended up crappie fishing up in stewarts creek and they were biting. Started to see bait flipping as it warmed up so I caught bait. I'm eating lunch at Fate Sanders now and heading out to try to find the hybrids this afternoon.

Did you find any good hybrids?

Schleprock
03-31-2017, 11:09 PM
Is that the bridge near Gainsboro?

Really want to fish Cordell Hull more, kind of disappointed I didn't fish it since I was only 15 minutes away now I live in Crossville and at least an hour away

JKTrevecca
03-31-2017, 11:13 PM
Found some hungry Hybrids in my 12th and 13th hour of fishing today. Ended up catching 7 I believe on live shad and a couple casting an a-rig.

I think it's time to buy new trolling motor batteries. Starting a thread to get input from ya'll on that.

frayedknot
04-01-2017, 11:51 AM
No that's not near gainsboro, lol its a secret spot until someone figures it out