PDA

View Full Version : Fun Morning at JPP

Bryanardell
03-30-2017, 10:51 AM
I managed to get out on the water yesterday and nailed some bass. The bite was pretty consistent and dang fun. All bass were caught with weightless Senko.

In addition to a few bass I did come across another cold blooded species. Anyone know what kind of snake this is? Needless to say, be careful out there.

SalmonDaze
03-30-2017, 11:15 AM
Looks a bit like a pine snake, but the color seems off. Nice size snake . . . definitely an "attention getter" if you saw him on a trail. :o

frayedknot
03-30-2017, 12:04 PM
Some nice fish, as far as the snake goes I think it's just a dark colored watersnake. I don't believe it's a pine snake.

Alphahawk
03-30-2017, 12:14 PM
Nice fish.

Regards

Bryanardell
03-30-2017, 01:23 PM
Yeah I really couldn't tell. But I figured it was best to give it a wide berth

jaybird
03-30-2017, 03:25 PM
Nice fish. Not so nice snake.

frayedknot
03-30-2017, 04:46 PM
My uncle used go be an avid fisherman, I mean from Friday to Sunday morning he was gone. On the tournament trail. He taught me alot about fishing when I was growing up and I credit my love for the sport to him. He's since left the tournament circuit and rarely even goes for fun. His boat sits in the barn with a rundown motor collecting dust. Anyways to the point. When we were fishing and I would throw my lure up in the trees, he'd troll over, go to digging in the limbs for my lure and tell me " watch and make sure no slims jump down in the boat" lol if we saw a snake swimming in the water he'd say " there's ole 'no shoulders'". Snakes will always be called slims and no shoulders to me lol.

XxthejuicexX
03-30-2017, 09:01 PM
Very nice day on the water! You fishing form the bank?

deezelteck
03-31-2017, 08:40 PM
Good fish.. that's a water snake..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

AllOutdoors
03-31-2017, 08:58 PM
Nice fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

AllOutdoors
03-31-2017, 08:59 PM
My uncle used go be an avid fisherman, I mean from Friday to Sunday morning he was gone. On the tournament trail. He taught me alot about fishing when I was growing up and I credit my love for the sport to him. He's since left the tournament circuit and rarely even goes for fun. His boat sits in the barn with a rundown motor collecting dust. Anyways to the point. When we were fishing and I would throw my lure up in the trees, he'd troll over, go to digging in the limbs for my lure and tell me " watch and make sure no slims jump down in the boat" lol if we saw a snake swimming in the water he'd say " there's ole 'no shoulders'". Snakes will always be called slims and no shoulders to me lol.
Lol. That's what I call them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

MickT
03-31-2017, 09:02 PM
Good fish.. that's a water snake..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Correct on both accounts. Water snakes are probably the most common snake you will encounter around our waterways. They are commonly confused with venomous species. Unless you are around the Harpeth or further west, I would assume that every snake you see is not a cottonmouth, but still give them respect.

massman
04-03-2017, 06:22 PM
i see snakes all the time most take of as soon as the see me so no problems ever, had one bite y floating worm once but then let go once it got close to shore line LOL

MdTnBankBustin
04-04-2017, 09:02 AM
I managed to get out on the water yesterday and nailed some bass. The bite was pretty consistent and dang fun. All bass were caught with weightless Senko.

In addition to a few bass I did come across another cold blooded species. Anyone know what kind of snake this is? Needless to say, be careful out there.

Northern water snakes... They are all over preist and Mid tn... Its funny because the ones near the dam or other popular spots are very brave and will often chill out with you. I had one chewing on my bluegill stringer once.. Just let him have it ahaha

Bryanardell
04-15-2017, 04:40 PM
yep, all from the bank

blink
04-19-2017, 10:20 AM
Yeah, Northern Water Snake. Very common here.

A buddy and I also did well last week on priest from the bank.