PDA

View Full Version : Cheatham 3-26-17

TnCreekMaster
03-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Went out yesterday morning out of heartland park went up the stones to try for some trout, didn't go so well had 3 bite at the boat and pulled the hook on all three. Went down river and caught a decent 15" white bass, a shadow bass, 2 nice crappie with one a 13" black nose. I packed things up and headed to the Cumberland to go for some bass and gills and ended up with about 40 gills all released except for the biggest 4 that were 9"+, caught about 10 average bass with a mix between spots and largies and one giant smallie that went 21" but was 15" around I released her later alive and kickin, caught on a ul with 4lb tes. Went down river after talking with a nice guy in a John boat that wanted some gills I told him to go cast in the middle of the creek and let it fall 8ft give it a twitch and set the hook, arrived at the last spot and first cast boom 18" white bass then a few more small spots that I ended the day on. Water temp was 56-58 everywhere I went, River was up 5ft over summer pool, everything that swims is putting on the feedbag right now so get out there and get after them I caught 10 species today

Tyler~

CreekWalker
03-27-2017, 02:50 PM
Good report and nice outing. I was down river from you yesterday afternoon and the wind kicked my butt. Were it not for my trolling motor I would have drifted upstream in 19,500cfs of flow which is saying a lot. Caught three decent spotted bass dragging jigs which was fun but not what I was after.

Alphahawk
03-27-2017, 03:02 PM
Nice catch.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinwheeled
03-27-2017, 05:11 PM
Congrats. Sounds like y'all had a great trip. Pretty smallmouth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TnCreekMaster
03-27-2017, 06:03 PM
Good report and nice outing. I was down river from you yesterday afternoon and the wind kicked my butt. Were it not for my trolling motor I would have drifted upstream in 19,500cfs of flow which is saying a lot. Caught three decent spotted bass dragging jigs which was fun but not what I was after.

That's for sure It got nasty when I was on my way back to heartland I passed a gibson hose boat that was throwing a nice 4' wake then after that I rounded the bend and was greeted to 3' rollers b4 the stones, when it's blowing up the river I usually try to find where it's not cause In my book that and muddy cold water is the hardest conditions to fish in.

deezelteck
03-27-2017, 10:13 PM
That's a good trip.. nice fish.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

gillhunter
03-31-2017, 11:33 AM
That's a great day fishing. What creek was that in?

AllOutdoors
03-31-2017, 09:01 PM
Nice day on the water! I love when they are putting the feedbag on. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk