PDA

View Full Version : Calf killer?

frayedknot
03-26-2017, 04:06 PM
Hey yall, I've never fished the calf killer and keep hearing of people catching a few out there.

Is there any good bank fishing access anywhere there? I've looked through Google maps and there's quite a few roads and bridges that either come close to or pass over the water? Any help would be appreciated I'd like to try it out.

frayedknot
03-27-2017, 04:46 PM
Anyone??

TnCreekMaster
03-28-2017, 01:00 PM
Have no experience there but been by it many times, your on the right track just look at google maps and you'll find some spots at bridges and roads by the river.

Tyler~

Transplanted Sportsman
03-28-2017, 01:30 PM
Also try the bank access and boat ramps acces on the twra, you can pick a body of water, lake or river, even some creeks as well

Shoe man
03-28-2017, 04:24 PM
I used to live in Sparta and waded it around England Cove off Hwy 84. There are places off river road (Hwy 84) you can access with a small boat and places upstream you can put in and float. Go by Calfkiller Brewery on Blue Springs Rd. and talk to Dave and Don. They float it and have lived there all their life. They also make the best craft beer in Tennessee!!!

frayedknot
03-29-2017, 03:26 PM
The reason I ask is I don't want to get somewhere on someone's land ya know? I'll look at river rd. On maps and check that out. Good info guys thanks! Anyone else have experience there?