PDA

View Full Version : A few at Dale Hollow.

Alphahawk
03-20-2017, 09:34 PM
Spent a few hours on Dale Hollow Lake today. Was hoping to find the Smallies on the flats.......they were not. But it will not be long before they are. Then I fully expect to have catches of 30-80 Smallies a day, same as last year.....along with the big shell crackers and Gills. I know many have been doing this longer than me but since 2010 I have been killing the Smallies on the Trout Magnet. All fish caught using JDM UL rods....2# test SOS line with 2# test Phantom Fluro leader....color of choice.....Purple Redemption. Water was crystal clear today....water temps 51 degrees. These fish were digging....took a while to get them to the net.....they gave us quite a few jumps. Going to be burning up the hi-way the next 3 months....Dale Hollow....Pickwick.....Center Hill.......KY Lake, and many points west! Life is good!

Regards

P.S. Have caught around 160 crappie the last 3 weeks....all on a Midnight Blue ThunderHawk Dancer.

tkwalker
03-20-2017, 11:08 PM
Randy, It looks like you have had a great two weeks ... Some great tasty fish you have there except the Crappie... You know how I feel about them ... They are great for fertilizer for your garden ... :eek: .. <'TK>< :)

Alphahawk
03-21-2017, 05:29 AM
Randy, It looks like you have had a great two weeks ... Some great tasty fish you have there except the Crappie... You know how I feel about them ... They are great for fertilizer for your garden ... :eek: .. <'TK>< :)

LOL...I didn't keep any of them. The crappie were all given to family...as you and I have discussed I don't care much for them either. I will eat them from time to time but I much prefer the Gills and shell cracker. But I do enjoy chasing and catching them.

Regards

commdd
03-21-2017, 07:03 AM
Great photos! those are nice bass, regards.

XxthejuicexX
03-21-2017, 09:22 AM
Awesome trip and great looking fish. What knot do you use to tie the sos and leader together?

Alphahawk
03-21-2017, 11:41 AM
Awesome trip and great looking fish. What knot do you use to tie the sos and leader together?

I use the simple to tie triple overhand....or Surgeons knot. This has been discussed in many circles about how other knots are better and so on and so forth. I have never had this knot fail me....at my age I want simple....and it is as simple a knot as there is.

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddyyak
03-21-2017, 12:40 PM
Randy your my idol! Enjoy the spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig
03-21-2017, 01:16 PM
Looks like a lot of fun!

Alphahawk
03-21-2017, 04:38 PM
Thanks for the comments guys. Here is a video of what it is like to catch these on UL tackle and 2# test line. These fish were "diggin". Lot of fun.

Regards
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RceOsCtkUU

commdd
03-21-2017, 07:22 PM
fun video!

SAMBOLIE
03-22-2017, 04:13 AM
Randy, good to see you up and about again. Please keep fishing out of the area so we locals have fish left to catch.

Nice pics.

ttitan27
03-22-2017, 08:11 AM
Great day on the water!

Transplanted Sportsman
03-23-2017, 05:58 AM
Very nice looking fish Mr Randy, I really enjoyed the video, I also enjoyed Toby Mac's music, Roy was doing a great job as a net man, that water is color is beautiful, congrats!

fairweatherfisherman
03-25-2017, 12:59 PM
Always enjoy your posts. Thanks

YETI-14
03-26-2017, 10:37 AM
What a fun filled day! Thanks for sharing!