PDA

View Full Version : Center Hill

Texas_Rig
02-23-2017, 07:19 PM
Guys if you like fishing CH then now is the time to go. Its been fishing really good lately. If your tired of fishing OH (like me) and dealing with an inconsistent bite, take a trip to Center Hill. It's like your own private lake as until today I haven't seen more than 1 other boat any day I've been in the last few weeks. And ive been quite a bit. Caught a bunch this morning. We are catching them anywhere from 3-60 fow. These were the best ones today

thehick176
02-23-2017, 07:42 PM
Very tempting!!

deezelteck
02-23-2017, 09:49 PM
Good looking fish.. I'm going to get to CH soon..

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Schleprock
02-23-2017, 09:57 PM
Guys if you like fishing CH then now is the time to go. Its been fishing really good lately. If your tired of fishing OH (like me) and dealing with an inconsistent bite, take a trip to Center Hill. It's like your own private lake as until today I haven't seen more than 1 other boat any day I've been in the last few weeks. And ive been quite a bit. Caught a bunch this morning. We are catching them anywhere from 3-60 fow. These were the best ones today

Nice fish, fished there last Saturday during the rain, threw everything at em with no luck, next day a friend went and did well

Sadly we just closed on a house so all my free time in the next couple of weeks will be spent moving , of course prime fishing, that';s why they call me schleprock

commdd
02-24-2017, 11:53 AM
great report! thanks for posting.

Heiny57
02-24-2017, 11:59 AM
Nice fish

tacklemake
02-24-2017, 04:20 PM
Real nice fish thank you for the report.

Texas_Rig
03-09-2017, 10:20 PM
Fished CH again today. They are still biting. Went with dad today and we caught about 25 bass. Dad is not a good camera man obviously but I had these today. One picture is 2 Lm and one picture is a keeper smallmouth and a 14 inch crappie

Schleprock
03-12-2017, 10:28 PM
Fished CH again today. They are still biting. Went with dad today and we caught about 25 bass. Dad is not a good camera man obviously but I had these today. One picture is 2 Lm and one picture is a keeper smallmouth and a 14 inch crappie

Nice catch

Texas_Rig
03-12-2017, 11:17 PM
Thx

Saltwaterwalt
03-13-2017, 08:56 AM
What ramp do you recommend launching off of?

I've only been to CH once in my life, about 5 years ago and can't remember where I launched. Only remember that I caught some whopper gar that day. :D

Texas_Rig
03-13-2017, 02:47 PM

I've only been to CH once in my life, about 5 years ago and can't remember where I launched. Only remember that I caught some whopper gar that day. :D

I usually launch out of Center Hill Marina in Cove Hollow.

Schleprock
03-13-2017, 10:09 PM

A lot of people use Hurricane marina, I usually put in at Cookeville boat dock because of the conveinence and there is less traffic

Was fishong Center Hill over the summer and was striking out, kept hearing something tearing up a school of shad , new to the area thought it might be some hybrids , ended up throwing shad colored crank bait in the middle of the school and bam, hooked one, was so excited, fought it for about 10 minutes, get it to the boat and its a gar :mad:

lforet2002
03-14-2017, 05:29 PM
I've been wanting to fish Center Hill myself...Never been. Any good areas to scope out there for a novice yaker??

Texas_Rig
03-14-2017, 08:00 PM
I've been wanting to fish Center Hill myself...Never been. Any good areas to scope out there for a novice yaker??

Literally any transition area on the dam side. They are getting ready to spawn. Points leading into creeks and spawning areas are a pretty solid pattern right now. Transition banks inside the creeks, etc

lforet2002
03-15-2017, 06:23 AM
Literally any transition area on the dam side. They are getting ready to spawn. Points leading into creeks and spawning areas are a pretty solid pattern right now. Transition banks inside the creeks, etc

Thanks.