PDA

View Full Version : Harpeth River at College Grove

troutspin
02-22-2017, 11:33 PM
My son has skeet shooting practice a couple of times a week in college grove. I just realized that it is literally right beside the Harpeth River. So, of course, I'm thinking a great opportunity to do a little bank fishing while he is at practice. I'm not at all familiar with that area. Anyone have any info regarding what I could expect in that spot?

SAMBOLIE
02-23-2017, 06:18 AM
Snakes, snakes and SNAKES.

troutspin
02-23-2017, 08:42 AM
Maybe not a good idea, I HATE snakes.

SAMBOLIE
02-23-2017, 08:56 AM
I was just joking. Have not fished there. In fact was not aware that river is so close by.
I bet it is really shallow in there.

BTW, the creek that runs by the gun range does look to have lots of snakes.

troutspin
02-23-2017, 09:01 AM
Maybe I'll walk down and take a look...very carefully....from a distance. If you see somebody running and screaming like a school girl...that's me.

SAMBOLIE
02-23-2017, 09:03 AM
Maybe I'll walk down and take a look...very carefully....from a distance. If you see somebody running and screaming like a school girl...that's me.

I have crossed the river a million times there and never paid attention. Just thought it was a creek. Please report back.

deezelteck
02-23-2017, 09:45 AM
Years ago we would walk and waid the Harpeth and Little Harpeth Rivers near Hwy 100. We had a great time catching panfish, rock bass and little smallies.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Farley
02-23-2017, 12:18 PM
It's not very deep but there may be a few holes that hold some fish. I've walked it many times training my birddog and never saw anything that made me want to go back and fish. Never seen a snake there and I've been there in all four seasons. One thing to consider is that the factory there before you cross the river contaminated that whole region, especially that river, with leftover batteries they would dump before people were aware of the dangers. There has been drastic cleanup in the area but I'm not sure the river has completely recovered.