PDA

View Full Version : Chickamauga bust

agelesssone
02-22-2017, 07:46 AM
Fished with my cousin this Monday/Tuesday on Chickamauga, looking for the elusive 8 lb LM.
Total for the two days.....cousin Larry, 1 bass....1 lb 10 oz.
Me...two bass....2 lbs 6 oz....1 golden shiner...6 oz.
Two days of hitting every possible lake structure, throwing every bait imaginable.
Biggest fish we heard of being caught was an 8 lb bass, caught by a 9 year old boy casting from the back of a pontoon parked in a slip at the marina.
Talked to guide Ben Hayes, partner of Richard Simms, of Scenic City Fishing Charters, just as we were loading out the boat to leave.
He said the water has been fluctuating big time for the last two weeks and there is no rhyme or reason to the fish movements lately.
We pretty much agreed with him.
I guess I should shelve my pride and beg deezelteck to take me fishin!

XxthejuicexX
02-22-2017, 09:49 AM
He left you for a younger fisherman while you were gone. We've all had those trips but it sure does stink we you got to a place like that with such high hopes and swing a miss. I need a trip over there before my son is born at the end of April

agelesssone
02-22-2017, 11:50 AM
He left you for a younger fisherman while you were gone. We've all had those trips but it sure does stink we you got to a place like that with such high hopes and swing a miss. I need a trip over there before my son is born at the end of April

Well, let's schedule one!

chongtoulor86
02-22-2017, 11:52 AM
Merv, have u fish percy for hybrid? Are they still biting

XxthejuicexX
02-22-2017, 12:07 PM
Well, let's schedule one!

Sounds good. I'm on Wilson next month 17-19th. I could try to do something like the first week of April...... this all has to be approved by the pregnant wife of course.

agelesssone
02-22-2017, 12:17 PM
Sounds good. I'm on Wilson next month 17-19th. I could try to do something like the first week of April...... this all has to be approved by the pregnant wife of course.

I just checked the Solar tables and that weekend is rated Very Poor, 14% quality day, and the next day is 31%.

My cousin and I had picked the two worst days of the month to go....and it showed.
So I would have to pass on the first weekend in April.

XxthejuicexX
02-22-2017, 12:49 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/fbb8a66ecfc473d4c4dca37fe3572ec6.jpg

The cards don't lie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skillet
02-23-2017, 12:38 PM
It happens on new bodies of water. They can be very humbling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk