PDA

View Full Version : Tims ford beating

ddyyak
02-20-2017, 09:39 AM
Another attempt at Tims ford for bass on Sunday. Beautiful day, love the lake but it kicks our but every time I go. We threw everything we had at it and managed 1 largemouth. Any secrets to share about how to catch em?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

XxthejuicexX
02-20-2017, 01:12 PM
Another attempt at Tims ford for bass on Sunday. Beautiful day, love the lake but it kicks our but every time I go. We threw everything we had at it and managed 1 largemouth. Any secrets to share about how to catch em?

Don't go there. I love the lake but it kicks my butt. I just don't go anymore because I don't have the free time to fish it and learn it. My days off are limited and I want to catch fish.

ddyyak
02-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Good point juice. Guess I was looking to see if others struggle there or if I was missing something. Can't say I slay them anywhere but yesterday was rough.

XxthejuicexX
02-20-2017, 04:31 PM
Good point juice. Guess I was looking to see if others struggle there or if I was missing something. Can't say I slay them anywhere but yesterday was rough.

I know some people do well on that lake but it's tough and I don't have time to learn it.

Joshthebadbear
03-01-2017, 08:34 PM
I've done very very well there with caffeine shad in the back of bays also with top waters on secondary points. It can be the dead sea and I've had several of those days as well. Moving down the calendar a bit the river can be better at times. I've found that fishing smallies one has to go deep and small . . . little grubs on 1/16 ounce jig heads. Hope this provides some help. Not an expert there but just what my experience has been.

TNBronzeback
03-01-2017, 09:14 PM
Don't go there. I love the lake but it kicks my butt. I just don't go anymore because I don't have the free time to fish it and learn it. My days off are limited and I want to catch fish.

Well have you tried your luck in the walleye packed waters of Normandy? Hell i hear there are so many they jump in the boat like asian carp! lmao

aero320
03-01-2017, 10:37 PM
We have been catching quite a few largemouth and smallmouth lately when trolling for Hybrids and Stripers. I caught a 5 pound largemouth the other day trolling a Urig with my kayak. The bass we are catching are following the bait schools out in the middle and are 15 to 20 feet deep. I rarely bass fish but catch them accidentally trolling! We do try to return them to the lake in honor of our bass fishing friends.

Transplanted Sportsman
03-02-2017, 09:19 AM
Well have you tried your luck in the walleye packed waters of Normandy? Hell i hear there are so many they jump in the boat like asian carp! lmao

Ha!, I wish, been trying for years with only 2 walleyes to show for, screw walleye fishing I just crappie fish, people are just too secretive about how to catch them at normandy, there are some fish but never seen anybody that fishes for them catching fish consistently, Tims has better quality walleye, the lake is just too big to learn it, I'm with ya juice

XxthejuicexX
03-02-2017, 12:46 PM

I've caught so many of the walleye out of that lake they are having to stock it with stripers to help manage the bait population!