PDA

View Full Version : Mike Ioconelli vs local fisherman

Dakota
02-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Have you guys been in this situation. I think most of us have. Unfortunately some guys think they own the water.

https://youtu.be/-DB0joGi4-c

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skillet
02-11-2017, 10:55 AM
I watched this a while back, and I feel like if this guy was fishing and Ike idled by and muddied up the guys area he was fishing he has a right to be upset. Ike would've been pissed off if dude had done the same thing. I've heard him complain about it on the Ike live show. He wants courteousy, he needs to show it.

navydocivan
02-11-2017, 01:32 PM
I think I gotta have Ike's back in this one. No one likes a jet skier or boater that obviously messes you up and rocks the hell out of your boat while your fishing but some like Ike just marking grassline is not harming anyone, this dude didn't own the shoreline .. Ike even apologized which is more than I would have done. Hell if I met I'll it would be worth 1 or 2 missed fish. If he was nice to Ike I bet he would have thrown 1 or 2 pointers his way.

Mikeyrrt
02-11-2017, 07:35 PM
Had a friend that was ledge fishing KY lake last summer had Mike I pull up on pad 50 yards from cast a couple time then harmed it back out 20 yards from Him when he left said he shocked how he did heard he has a history of it

Halli
02-11-2017, 08:12 PM
Yeah that would have pissed me off and I have said so many times on the water to Tourney guys.

I may go to jail over that Bovine Scat one day.

lforet2002
02-12-2017, 12:40 PM
http://www.bassmaster.com/news/prosecutors-drop-charges-classic-shooting

The source of the dispute, investigators said, was a long-standing dispute between property owners and the operators of boats who speed past, causing waves that damage shorelines and houses, upset quiet fishing holes and rock other boats. Silbernagel's neighbors rallied to his defense, offered to help with his legal costs and sent letters and messages of support for him to authorities.

I remember this incident. They kept flying past Mr. Silbernagel's camp where his boat was docked and the wake was damaging his boat which he used to make a living. No boat, no work and no money. Believe me when I say you mess with a cajuns livelihood he will not take it lying down..While I think in the Mike Ioconelli video he handled the situation properly some of these pro anglers do lack some respect.

ttitan27
02-13-2017, 10:32 AM
I don't watch hunting or fishing shows and fish for recreation only. Never heard of Mike whats his face.

I will say that anyone that says "bro" and "man" that many times in short period of time is certainly not someone I would want to fish with. He comes across as a complete a-hole.

Unfortunately I have seen stuff like this far to often out on Percy Priest lake in the summers.

Tennoutdrsman
02-15-2017, 07:52 AM
NOT a fan of Bass fishermen..The "Catch and release all the Bass" and the "Im just gonna go in between your boat and the bank,just GOTTA plug this spot, I'll be outta the way in just a minute" BS has been a issue on Old Hickory for years..

SalmonDaze
02-15-2017, 08:44 AM
Thankfully, my experience with LM bass fishing in TN, where 2 boats are fishing toward the bank and toward each other, is that both of us end up extending scores of yards AWAY from the bank; each so the other isn't "poaching" in between the other guy and the bank. :p No big deal; both end up missing a few yards of "fishable water" and keep going.

Now . . . trolling for salmon on the Great Lakes . . . . combat sport and if you're gonna fight; don't bring a knife; 'cause I've seen it become a gun fight. Sheer madness.

Halli
02-15-2017, 08:35 PM
I will submit if I see kids in the boat. I think they have the right of way and deserve my yield!

I was looking at buying a new boat several years back and low and behold
a bass boat with the name of the dealer Tailwater Marine came blowing into a cove and was really rude.

Well from that point on it was over as for their dealership and my new boat.
(Thanks because the loan was way cheaper to buy the old mare I now have).