PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland striper guides

MNfisher
02-07-2017, 01:13 PM
I have a guy who is coming to visit and wants his best shot at a giant Cumberland striper. Either upper old hickory or upper Cordell in Kentucky. Any recommendations on guides? After Fred, TK, and Ralph retired, i haven't heard who took the reigns. Not schoolies, this guy is looking for a giant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

agelesssone
02-07-2017, 08:27 PM
I have a guy who is coming to visit and wants his best shot at a giant Cumberland striper. Either upper old hickory or upper Cordell in Kentucky. Any recommendations on guides? After Fred, TK, and Ralph retired, i haven't heard who took the reigns. Not schoolies, this guy is looking for a giant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike, this is your guy.....http://www.striperfun.com/index.html.
He only fishes for the BIG ones.
He uses 14-18 inch trout for bait and fishes up near the junction of The Cumberland and Obey river.
Contact him and tell him I (Nashville Fishing Guides, sent you.

Halli
02-07-2017, 09:16 PM
Merv you could do this!

They are there and you are also so why not move on this as it's probably time!!!

agelesssone
02-08-2017, 12:07 AM
Merv you could do this!

They are there and you are also so why not move on this as it's probably time!!!

I could, but I'm not a licensed Coast Guard captain, which you have to be to legally take remuneration for services rendered on the Cumberland river.

I can't even legally take people sightseeing and charge for it.

And Captain Jim has been guiding on the Cumberland many more years than I have even been in this area.

I'd much rather see MN's friend go with a seasoned and more experienced (and LEGAL) guide than I.

Now, put us both on J Percy Priest....different story. I'm legal there and much more familiar with the fish, tactics and locations than Capt. Jim.

I think I could wear him out there.

SalmonDaze
02-08-2017, 10:26 AM
It takes very little to get your 6-pack Merv. Why not?

agelesssone
02-08-2017, 12:13 PM
[QUOTE=SalmonDaze;77031]It takes very little to get your 6-pack Merv. Why not?[/QUOTE

My old brain is solidified and can't retain what I learn.