PDA

View Full Version : Bald Eagles on OH

Texas_Rig
02-06-2017, 05:59 PM
Anyone else notice a big increase in Eagle sightings on OH lately. Im not sure if I'm just paying more attention to the sky or what but I've been seeing them fairly regular in the last 6 months. Seen my first one in ceder creek last summer. Then another on a main lake laydown by spencer creek, then a week later at the steam plant. Saw 2 today in Bledsoe creek.

Bryanardell
02-06-2017, 06:42 PM
That's awesome

Halli
02-06-2017, 07:09 PM
Hush your info will kill them , Yes they are here yes I have seen Balds vs Goldens or little Ospreys!

Shhhh

Texas_Rig
02-06-2017, 07:26 PM
Hali, I know that your post is said in jest, but it got me to thinking. How many people do see something cool like that and keep it to themselves so no one can go "messing" with them? I think it's cool to see these beautiful creatures and maybe someone else can go see them as well. That's why I posted where i saw them. They are so beautiful. The one I saw by spencer creek was a juvenile and it had just started its transformation into its adult feathers. It was a very beautiful bird with its transforming feathers

deezelteck
02-06-2017, 08:18 PM
I have seen them on OHL a few times. It's really great to see them.. Good pic.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

thehick176
02-06-2017, 09:35 PM
I've talked to TWRA about them being around Old Hickory. I've seen one on multiple occasions below the dam. They asked for us to call when we see a nest, or one on a nest.
They are amazing birds!

Buccaneer
02-06-2017, 09:50 PM
I saw one in the Avondale/Cages Bend area last year. I was throwing a buzzbait in the willow grass and heard crows going nuts behind me and turned around and saw a giant bird flying along with crows dive bombing it. I said to myself holy crap that bird has a 6' wingspan! The bald eagle coasted over my boat and landed in a big pine tree. The crows were nagging the hell out of it. The eagle jumped up from a branch and was swatting crows with his talons. He flew off towards Cedar Creek with the remaining crows tailing him.

agelesssone
02-07-2017, 08:46 AM
MNFISHER pointed one out to me Sunday morning on Priest, sitting in a tree outside of Hong Kong Island.
I saw one in that same area last summer.

A Hawk
02-07-2017, 10:31 AM
I saw one by GSP about a month ago. It was flying around with the other birds looking for fish.

gordonc615
02-07-2017, 05:31 PM
Gorgeous

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

Gone fishing
02-07-2017, 10:21 PM
I seen a bald eagle a couple months ago a few miles from GSP. The last three years one has shown up during deer season on the property I manage in Dickson. I assume it's the same one anyway.

Halli
02-08-2017, 08:08 AM
Seen one kinda close up a couple weeks back on a branch over a creek that drains into the Buffalo in Perry co.

Reckon we have rebounded from the DDT days. Up till the last couple of years I always bought the AE plates to help the AE foundation so it appears it was really worth it!

SalmonDaze
02-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Was treated to about a 10 minute display last spring on Priest. A mature eagle was running an aerial combat with an osprey. Just dropped rods and watched as the eagle (think F-14) tried to bank with the smaller osprey (think F-16). The eagle would come down from above, but no way could he turn with the osprey's slimmer, articulated wing. The chase seemed to go on and on and on. Just phenomenal.

When we lived in MN, after a mild winter like this the eagle population will take off. In Red Wing MN there's a wide spot in the Mississippi where the ice breaks off in a nice clean sheer across the entire river. The eagles would line up dozens abreast right ON the break. Just dip a talon and lunch is served.

Can't beat living in such a great part of a great Country!

hunterchub
02-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Last year I saw Eagles at a nest on OH. Was very cool.