PDA

View Full Version : Percy Priest Tomo

thewudd
01-28-2017, 10:34 PM
Just joined up and have enjoyed seeing some reports and pics.

I had some steel sitting around and an old trolling motor. So I just finished fabbing up a mount for the kayak so I can venture a little further from the ramps!

Hoping to get after some hybrids tomorrow. I think I'm going to put in over at Longhunter. Is drifting the A-Rig the way to go right now? I'm assuming I should drift or troll in the channel wherever I'm marking bait?

I've caught big stripes over at GSP on swim baits but don't want to fight the traffic that is there on the weekends. Plus I live in Antioch, so it is a lot shorter of a haul.

TnCreekMaster
01-28-2017, 11:01 PM
Just joined up and have enjoyed seeing some reports and pics.

I had some steel sitting around and an old trolling motor. So I just finished fabbing up a mount for the kayak so I can venture a little further from the ramps!

Hoping to get after some hybrids tomorrow. I think I'm going to put in over at Longhunter. Is drifting the A-Rig the way to go right now? I'm assuming I should drift or troll in the channel wherever I'm marking bait?

I've caught big stripes over at GSP on swim baits but don't want to fight the traffic that is there on the weekends. Plus I live in Antioch, so it is a lot shorter of a haul.

Definitely don't want to drift an Arig or there goes $20+ always stay moving weather you are casting or trolling it

TNBronzeback
01-29-2017, 12:16 AM
You are correct.
Try to troll between 1.0 and 1.3.
Find the bait and thats a good start. Keep an eye out for the birds too. Try a few different size baits too from 3"-5".

skillet
01-29-2017, 10:43 AM
You are correct.

Try to troll between 1.0 and 1.3.

Find the bait and thats a good start. Keep an eye out for the birds too. Try a few different size baits too from 3"-5".

That 5" hollow body swim bait worked pretty good for me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaybird
01-29-2017, 03:37 PM
Agree with these guys. Trolling A rigs and swim baits have worked well for me. Well, except for yesterday

thewudd
01-29-2017, 04:27 PM
I got skunked. Oh well. I'll get em next time.