PDA

View Full Version : Old hickory dam

skillet
11-20-2016, 06:30 PM
Went below old hick dam today on the Hendersonville side with a bucket of minnows and a slip bobber rig. Had a good day, mixed bag. Caught a few small yellow bass, 2 decent bluegill, a few skipjacks and probably my personal best skipjack. It was a beast and had some shoulders!

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20161120/1fb919075b432628d3e2ff5018ab9b03.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

massman
11-20-2016, 10:19 PM
nice one cut bait catfish and stripe

skillet
11-21-2016, 08:45 AM
I've never caught a stripe with cut jack. Matter of fact...IVE NEVER CAUGHT A STRIPED BASS. It's the one fish that has eluded me. I even paid a guide on Percy Priest and didn't catch a stripe. 😕that was a very disappointing day.

massman
11-21-2016, 11:28 AM
i have seen some nice schoolie size ones come from there and some that would drag you down the rocks lol

thehick176
11-21-2016, 01:12 PM
We need some heavy rains to get the water moving down there again. I'm ready to tangle with some big Smallmouth!

skillet
11-21-2016, 02:49 PM
We need some heavy rains to get the water moving down there again. I'm ready to tangle with some big Smallmouth!

We most definitely need some rain. I haven't put my boat in the river in months because of the low flow. I'm like you, I'm ready to dance with a big smallie!!!

TnCreekMaster
11-21-2016, 03:33 PM
I've never caught a stripe with cut jack. Matter of fact...IVE NEVER CAUGHT A STRIPED BASS. It's the one fish that has eluded me. I even paid a guide on Percy Priest and didn't catch a stripe. 😕that was a very disappointing day.

Man I know it's a little late but in the summer I catch a bunch around bright dock lights not to mention big crappie, yellows and loads of gills and the occasional 16-20" largemouth

agelesssone
11-22-2016, 11:08 AM

Skillet, a "stripe" is a white bass.
Do you mean "stripers" aka rockfish?
PM me your phone number, we'll go catch a striper.

skillet
11-22-2016, 01:59 PM
Yea a striper is what I meant..."aka rockfish" I'll pm ya my number.