PDA

View Full Version : What's your weirdest catch...

skillet
09-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Mine happened this morning......
https://vimeo.com/183026511

Don't worry...no animals were harmed in the making of this video...👍🏼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skillet
09-16-2016, 11:59 AM
And here's a few fish we caught http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/4d1b95d9cc0edafb77c0d394aaa86a04.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/498e5d1c1b790f3c354d46a4bd6d6f49.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160916/3f3545563ad63f6a2da2654fb8ed255f.jpg

Nothing big, but it was fun on spinning gear...

skillet
09-16-2016, 12:00 PM
That's deezelteck with his teeth out!!!!!😂😂😂😂😂

spottedbass
09-16-2016, 02:03 PM
Hey, stay away from my dam fish. Those are the only ones I catch right now. :D

Buccaneer
09-16-2016, 03:11 PM
Pelican on a Zara Spook and an Aligator on a buzz bait. Of the two, the Pelican was more of a challenge.

lupanfreitag
09-16-2016, 04:30 PM
Even with braid, it was a chore. Needless to say. The beaver won.

deezelteck
09-16-2016, 04:40 PM
I felt sorry for the bird, until I grabbed him, then he clamped down on me. Felt like a pair of vise grips. Lmao.

He was released to go chase more topwater baits.

Man that fish looks good with my teeth.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

bfish
09-16-2016, 05:30 PM
Snagged a goby a few weeks back (Lake Huron).

Buccaneer
09-16-2016, 05:56 PM
The secret to dealing with a bird is, cover it's eyes. Throw your tee shirt over it's eyes and get a grip on it. They will become docile if they can see no light. I was able to cradle the Pelican once I got his eyes covered and remove the Zara Spook with pliers. I have also removed 6 pack plastic wrappers from their necks using the same technique. A gator on the other hand is a wild beast and goes into a death roll move. It's mano-o-mano if you hook an aligator and want your bait back.

deezelteck
09-16-2016, 09:29 PM
The secret to dealing with a bird is, cover it's eyes. Throw your tee shirt over it's eyes and get a grip on it. They will become docile if they can see no light. I was able to cradle the Pelican once I got his eyes covered and remove the Zara Spook with pliers. I have also removed 6 pack plastic wrappers from their necks using the same technique. A gator on the other hand is a wild beast and goes into a death roll move. It's mano-o-mano if you hook an aligator and want your bait back.
You are exactly right. Once the birds eyes were covered he was motionless. He did bite down on me one good time before I got his eyes covered. Lol

TNBronzeback
09-16-2016, 09:37 PM
Snagged a goby a few weeks back (Lake Huron).

For the love of humanity, i hope you sprayed your gear with bleach and sunk your boat before coming back here! LMAO.
I would take lakes full of zebra mussles over a handful of them damn gobys anyday!

lforet2002
09-17-2016, 07:20 AM
Being from Louisiana, it wasn't uncommon to snag a gator now and then. Only difference was when we snagged a gator he usually ended up in the cooler with the rest of the days catch and a 22 to the back of the head.

Travis C.
09-17-2016, 07:31 AM
A frog slammed my popper one day fly fishing for bluegill.

http://i260.photobucket.com/albums/ii40/MrCarney1979/IMG_3208.jpg

Dakota
09-17-2016, 08:12 AM
When I first started dating my wife 1999 we went to priest at vivrett Creek area where there is that walk with rocks all the way around it. I was throwing a small curly tail grub. It appeared to be a family of snakes at the base of the rocks one actually launched at it hooked himself I bit off the line turned around and my wife was..well pretty much in the car. Good news is she later made me buy a boat. Lol

TNBronzeback
09-17-2016, 09:52 AM

Lol.....thats a big frog!

skillet
09-17-2016, 10:25 AM

I heard a dinner bell!!!!! I used to fish a pond that was loaded with them. I'd take a trick worm and pull it across the moss in front of them and load the cooler up with them!!

skillet
09-17-2016, 10:26 AM
Being from Louisiana, it wasn't uncommon to snag a gator now and then. Only difference was when we snagged a gator he usually ended up in the cooler with the rest of the days catch and a 22 to the back of the head.

See...I'm not messing with no gator. He would end up with some new jewelry in his mouth cause....naw!!

MickT
09-17-2016, 02:07 PM
I caught 2 hellbenders on a trotline a couple years ago on the Cumberland, and an eel a few weeks later on a limbline on the Duck.

deezelteck
09-17-2016, 02:41 PM
If I hang a gator, he gets to keep his new piercing. I don't care if it is a $15 whopper plopper.

That is a big frog. We use to go frog gigging, and rarely seen them that big..

wormdunker
09-17-2016, 09:17 PM
When I first started dating my wife 1999 we went to priest at vivrett Creek area where there is that walk with rocks all the way around it. I was throwing a small curly tail grub. It appeared to be a family of snakes at the base of the rocks one actually launched at it hooked himself I bit off the line turned around and my wife was..well pretty much in the car. Good news is she later made me buy a boat. Lol

Now that's funny! Great way to make it easy to buy a boat!

Fishaholic
10-14-2016, 08:32 PM
Ive caught many a bird in my day mostly gulls or pelicans fishing the piers on saltwater. I've caught lobster, octopus, squid, eels and crabs bottom fishing too in saltwater. The weirdest thing I ever caught was a giant starfish I hooked him in the underside so the only thing I can think of was he was walking over my bait when I set the hook. The weirdest thing I've ever seen "caught" was Salty snagged an mostly intact deer carcass once in a deep cove on my boat. After the initial holy crap is that a person we figured out what it was.

skillet
10-14-2016, 09:37 PM
Ive caught many a bird in my day mostly gulls or pelicans fishing the piers on saltwater. I've caught lobster, octopus, squid, eels and crabs bottom fishing too in saltwater. The weirdest thing I ever caught was a giant starfish I hooked him in the underside so the only thing I can think of was he was walking over my bait when I set the hook. The weirdest thing I've ever seen "caught" was Salty snagged an mostly intact deer carcass once in a deep cove on my boat. After the initial holy crap is that a person we figured out what it was.

Glad it wasn't a person. That'd be a new episode of csi:old hickory!!! 😂😂😂

Mike Mofield
10-17-2016, 03:49 PM
Rod and reels, and even a crank bait I had lost the previous day on the same spot. (I even caught a limit of keeper Bass on OH this year, go figure)

massman
10-21-2016, 11:36 AM
Last year on the OH I hooked the biggest muscle i had ever seen dragging a jig in fast water

skillet
10-21-2016, 12:35 PM
I've had them close down on all kinds of lures. Biggest one I've caught was about 5 inches around

hogdawg
10-22-2016, 02:25 AM
Buddy and I were fishing OHL one day with jerk baits. He was trying to get used to using a baitcast and got a backlash. He was trailing the bait behind the boat when all of a sudden he felt a tug on the line and when he jerked an owl fell out of the sky into the water. It had swooped down and picked it up while it was trailing behind the boat.

skillet
10-23-2016, 01:09 AM
Buddy and I were fishing OHL one day with jerk baits. He was trying to get used to using a baitcast and got a backlash. He was trailing the bait behind the boat when all of a sudden he felt a tug on the line and when he jerked an owl fell out of the sky into the water. It had swooped down and picked it up while it was trailing behind the boat.

That's a first! The bird I caught had been stalking our baits all morning. As I was working the popper, current pulled it to a floating tree pile and he was sitting there. He dove on it, I jerked trying to get it away from him and it was too late! It's weird wrestling a bird out of the sky and trying to keep from hurting him and getting the lure out of his beak. But I couldn't help but laugh!!

hogdawg
10-23-2016, 05:31 AM
My brother was fishing a spinnerbait one time and threw it toward one of those birds and it took off right about the time the bait got there and it wrapped right around its wing. It was funny watching him having to snatch it out of the sky several times to get it to the boat. When we got it up to the side, he was snapping his beak and it sounded like a pair of scissors.