PDA

View Full Version : Relocated

Reel Tune
08-28-2016, 10:21 AM
As many of you know I have relocated. I'm now in Jacksonville Florida. We arrived Thursday, and finally got on the water yesterday "Saturday". All we have with us are some clothes, kayaks, and fishing gear. This could be a temporary relocation thinking 9 months. We will be back and forth to Tennessee on a regular basis to to check on the house, and yard.

Yesterday we fished saltwater in the river and I was skunked. Sarah caught 1 trout, and a couple other fish she couldn't identify. Work starts tomorrow for me back on nights after working days for days for 8 years.

We have lived here in Jacksonville, FL before from 04 to 09, so we are familiar, but it has grown a lot. We are going to make the best of it, and after 9 months decide if we want to continue our journey in Florida, or come back to Nashville.

I will continue to help TK moderate the users and message board here, so if there are any issues please feel free to message, or email me.

Jeremy

tkwalker
08-28-2016, 10:35 PM
Folks, Jeremy and Sarah have been a life's blood for our site And hope their 9 months stay is short ... Hurry Home Folks !! <'TK><:)

Halli
08-29-2016, 04:27 PM
Good luck and Ya'll hurry back!

jad2t
08-29-2016, 04:43 PM
Best of luck out there to you both. Hopefully whether it's Florida or TN, things work out for you!

Reel Tune
09-07-2016, 07:02 PM
So far so good. I've not had a boss in the last 8 years, and now I have one in the same room as me everyday, and I work in a room with about 9 other guys where in Nashville I worked by myself. It's going to take some getting used to, but the guys I work with are some of the best of the best in our craft. My first week was a challenging one with hurricane Hermine. We worked it from landfall in south Florida all the way through Florida, and watched it through Georgia, and the Carolina's.

We're living in a hotel so I've been getting in the gym for an hour everyday, playing basketball, and swimming. I also started playing waterpolo with a league here in Jacksonville. Waterpolo is no joke, I might actually drown.

Jacksonville is treating us well, it's just difficult being away from our home and transitioning from a 2,000 sq ft home to a 300sq ft hotel room. It's packed in here with fishing gear.

Jeremy

Fishaholic
10-14-2016, 08:36 PM
Good luck!! A lot of good Kayak fishing there, post any pics of mystery fish I'm sure we can identify them between myself, Salty and others on here:D