PDA

View Full Version : Gills and a little pain.

Alphahawk
08-04-2016, 08:29 PM
Haven't been fishing in a while. Headed to a lake that used to be fairly close but now is a 90 mile drive. It was worth the drive. I caught over 100 Gills using a Bison colored Trout Magnet....SOS 2# test line. I used a 1/24 ounce jig head with a #8 hook....fighting a little wind today. The Gills were 7-9 inches long. I was twitching using a Tict Ice Cube 6' 9" Rockin 'Drift UL Mebaru rod. The fish were holding tight to the bank. A lot of fun today with this setup. Didn't take the boat today....my records from last year had them in the same spot...same pattern on this day. I was getting ready to catch another 100 and moved to a new spot......looking for the shellcrackers.......but stepped in a fire ant hill. Needless to say my day was finished. They only hit me on the left leg from knee down...about 60 bites. There is always tomorrow. Life is good!

Regards

hotwielen65
08-04-2016, 08:44 PM
Wow really nice color to them, I thought earlier today that you haven't posted in a while. I'm headed to your old stomping grounds (Normandy) Saturday to do some night fishing for crappie.

Ray

tkwalker
08-04-2016, 08:46 PM
Randy, except for the ants .. A great Day !! <'TK><:)

Mikeyrrt
08-04-2016, 09:07 PM
Pretty fish !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alphahawk
08-04-2016, 09:39 PM
Thanks guys....forgot to add had about 2 dozen of these "nuisance" fish today...LOL. They pulled pretty darn good. All in all a great day except asTK said...the ants.

Regards

lforet2002
08-05-2016, 04:23 AM
Wow, thats some beautiful bream.. Sorry to here bout the fire ants. Being from Louisiana where they are everywhere, I feel your pain. Didn't realize they had em up here in Tennessee.

Alphahawk
08-05-2016, 05:50 AM
Wow, thats some beautiful bream.. Sorry to here bout the fire ants. Being from Louisiana where they are everywhere, I feel your pain. Didn't realize they had em up here in Tennessee.

Thanks.....I have never seen any around the Nashville area. I fish Nickajack....Pickwick...Laurel Hill....VFW Lake and they are around those areas. That's the second time in 30 years I have got into them...hope it is the last....LOL.

Regards