PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Report 7-29

Buccaneer
07-29-2016, 07:49 PM
Hit the water this morning at 5:30, launched at Avondale. Checked weather radar before I left the house and it appeared the rain had moved to the East. After the overnight deluge it was surprisingly clear of trash in the main channel or muddy water. In fact other than the water level being up it was very clear.
Headed down the west side of cages bend and found clouds of shad fry everywhere. They were being busted about 30 yards off the bank. Crushed a bunch of small bass on a Rapala Scatter Rap Shad on a light spinning rig. Threw into the breaking fish and got bit every cast. It was fun but nothing of keeper size. Once the sun got up the shad fry seemed to break into smaller pods and move deeper.
Ran down to a couple of coves across the river from Bluegrass and fished points. Had a few takers on Bandit 200's but still small fish. Wind got up around 9:30 so I hit the ramp. No sooner got home and the bottom fell out with another frog strangler. Better than work but with all the shad fry the larger bass don't have to work to eat.

luckystratos
07-29-2016, 08:01 PM
Thanks for that info. I was hoping to go tonite since I finally got off work but chickened out after looking at radar. I have never seen so much rain this time of year in the portland area. And weather people say nashville is short 2"+. Not here. Have worn out the mower this year. Thanks again.

Wyatt
07-29-2016, 11:06 PM
I'm in Portland as well. The rainfall this year has been unbelievable. I'll be hitting Spencer Creek first thing in the morning and working my way over to Little Creek. Hoping it's still as clean and debris free as stated.

skillet
07-30-2016, 01:54 AM
Lower end of lake is full of debris. Just got off the water and I idled around while all the others were blasting through it. I'd rather not put another lower unit on!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk