PDA

View Full Version : Occupying space for battery

Topwater1
07-24-2016, 03:23 PM
I recently got a 12v battery to power a trolling motor but the battery box is very large. I read that the battery shaking if it has to much room can destroy it. Is this true? If so, then what should I use to fill that space? We have a lot of extra styrofoam. Would that work? (Here is a pic)

deezelteck
07-24-2016, 03:43 PM
Styrofoam should work. Battery acid don't melt styrofoam.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

notorious
07-24-2016, 04:47 PM
Looks like a 6-pack of your favorite brew will fill the void quite nicely... for medicinal reasons of course, in case of overheating.

tkwalker
07-24-2016, 07:53 PM
I recently got a 12v battery to power a trolling motor but the battery box is very large. I read that the battery shaking if it has to much room can destroy it. Is this true? If so, then what should I use to fill that space? We have a lot of extra styrofoam. Would that work? (Here is a pic)

There are three size batteries and boxes , the most common is the #24 and #27 and #29 .. #24 being the smallest and the #27 larger and the #29 the largest ... It sounds like you have a #24 battery in a #29 box via the picture.. Go to Walmart/BPS/Academy/ etc. and pick and check the boxes out .. <'TK><:)