PDA

View Full Version : Compromises

unkangler
07-21-2016, 06:29 PM
If your married with kids you know all about compromises. Choosing somewhere to live must meet everyone's needs. But .. say in a dream world where YOU could choose where to live - where would that be? (since this is a fishing forum about Tn. let's keep it in-state) :)

Pinwheeled
07-21-2016, 07:04 PM
Somewhere up by Wautaga Lake. Hard to beat that area for a sportsman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buccaneer
07-21-2016, 07:11 PM
Hendersonville. But if I could do it over again when I moved here in 1998 I would have rented a place, bought property, and built what I wanted rather than settling just to get an address in the school district we chose (Beech). My compromise remains an albatross.

TNBronzeback
07-21-2016, 07:32 PM
Middle TN isnt too bad....maybe someplace a little northwest of nashville. That gives ya KY lake, OH and JPP at a reasonable drive.
I like it in the greater nashville area.

thehick176
07-21-2016, 07:54 PM
MJ, Lebanon, and Gallatin. 5 lakes within an hours drive, what more does a man need....

Dakota
07-21-2016, 08:39 PM
I love living in Mt Juliet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian
07-22-2016, 01:07 AM
I'm in Gallatin & I can see the Steamplant off in the distance from my upstairs window.

fairweatherfisherman
07-22-2016, 06:15 AM
MJ, Lebanon, and Gallatin. 5 lakes within an hours drive, what more does a man need....

If I could get my kids (and grandkids) to move there, that would be a dream come true for me. A second choice would be anywhere near Knoxville. Many fine lakes and rivers over that way too.

MNfisher
07-22-2016, 07:07 AM
I love hermitage, within an hours drive of world class trout fishing, striper fishing, and I can't complain about the bass fishing.

Mike

hotwielen65
07-22-2016, 10:06 AM
Near Paris landing area, crappie fishing year round, deer hunting when not crappie fishing and a little duck hunting in between, of coarse I would probably be single after the first year. :) :(

jad2t
07-22-2016, 11:31 AM
I hate the traffic in Murfreesboro but I do love living right in the middle of so many good resources.

Fishing: JPP, Williamsport, Normandy, Tims Ford, Center Hill, Caney Fork are all at most an hour away.

Hunting: JPP, Williamsport, Normandy, Tims Ford, AEDC, Yanahli, are also within an hour and change away.

My dream would be to live closer to the coast so I could primarily go fishing inshore for redfish and specks and still have lots of hunting around. I have a great job and friends and family right here so I'm staying put. I'll continue to make an annual outing to the coast and be content with that.

Travis C.
07-23-2016, 11:14 PM
I'm moving to Sevierville Tennessee area in about two weeks. I will have prime smallmouth in my literal backyard and stripers. Melton Hill, The Clinch, Holston, National Park trout waters all within an hour drive. Less than 2hrs Soho and Watauga.

I could try for anything from musky to native brook trout within an easy drive from my house.

Alphahawk
07-24-2016, 08:07 AM
I'm moving to Sevierville Tennessee area in about two weeks. I will have prime smallmouth in my literal backyard and stripers. Melton Hill, The Clinch, Holston, National Park trout waters all within an hour drive. Less than 2hrs Soho and Watauga.

I could try for anything from musky to native brook trout within an easy drive from my house.

Congrats on the move.

Regards

TNBronzeback
07-24-2016, 04:01 PM

Congrats and best of luck!
im a little jealous you being so close to melton hill/clinch waters! striper heaven to me!

notorious
07-24-2016, 04:36 PM
I'll retire in Celina TN at Dale Hollow Lake for simple country living and fresh mountain air.

jad2t
07-25-2016, 10:36 AM
I'll retire in Celina TN at Dale Hollow Lake for simple country living and fresh mountain air.

There's a guy, I forget his name, who routinely drinks water out of Dale Hollow and says it's so clean he never has any issues.

I've scooped handfuls out of the Caney before and drank it when I was out of water but I wouldn't make that a habit.

TNBronzeback
07-25-2016, 10:45 AM
Cold & clear doesnt mean fresh & clean. LOL.
But in a dire situation, we do what we need to do and hope for the best! lol

jad2t
07-25-2016, 11:09 AM
I guess it's better than drinking your own pee. SAMBOLIE does that all the time, even when he has plenty of water with him.

TNBronzeback
07-25-2016, 11:53 AM
No better flavor than your own! lmao

SAMBOLIE
07-25-2016, 12:21 PM
I guess it's better than drinking your own pee. SAMBOLIE does that all the time, even when he has plenty of water with him.

You will never experience that since your can't get the water hose up to your mouth.

XxthejuicexX
07-25-2016, 03:18 PM
You will never experience that since your can't get the water hose up to your mouth.

For the win!

unkangler
07-25-2016, 08:24 PM

I haven't had the chance to get to dale hollow yet but it's definitely on the bucket list. .. I'm kinda afraid once I fish it I won't wanna leave. .. . I have a serious addiction to Smallies

notorious
07-26-2016, 09:46 AM
Cold & clear doesnt mean fresh & clean. LOL. But in a dire situation, we do what we need to do and hope for the best! lol

Giardia is mostly self limiting...but just think about the possibility to crop dust and clear entire departments at BoxMart...oh the fun.

I haven't had the chance to get to dale hollow yet but it's definitely on the bucket list. .. I'm kinda afraid once I fish it I won't wanna leave. .. . I have a serious addiction to Smallies

The Smallmouth population is healthy and improving, I think this year the smallest I caught was in the 3# range. DH provides the opportunity to catch Muskie, Trout, SM, LM, Black Nose, Catfish, Walleye/Sauger and jumbo Sunfish at any given time keeps me excited. :D

jad2t
07-26-2016, 11:14 AM
The Smallmouth population is healthy and improving, I think this year the smallest I caught was in the 3# range. DH provides the opportunity to catch Muskie, Trout, SM, LM, Black Nose, Catfish, Walleye/Sauger and jumbo Sunfish at any given time keeps me excited. :D

Do you fish out of a kayak or a boat? I've always wanted to try DH out but I just can't justify the 2+ hour drive to a lake that is tough to fish and I know nothing about when I've got so much water around here I know and do pretty well in. I sure would like to catch some of those big rainbow trout in there though.