PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know the story on this goat?

Pinwheeled
07-21-2016, 10:51 AM
Had some college friends in town last weekend to do some trout fishing on the Caney. We decided to float from Happy to Betty's on Sunday. About halfway down we were paddling along when I heard some rocks tumble up above me. I looked up to see a big goat standing on a crazy steep part of a rock wall. It's hard to tell from the picture but the pet he's standing on is nearly vertical. Just curious if anyone has seen this guy before.

On a side note, fishing was pretty darn good. Great numbers and size still

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160721/bbb2d1f982807e5c56942c4d1ec96126.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lupanfreitag
07-21-2016, 11:00 AM
Wanted to share a story.

Years ago a friend of mine and his son went trout fishing in a small stream in Macon Co. The boy told me, "Last time we were here we saw a giant lama."
He was around 4 years old so I thought, What an active imagination! I told him, "I think you mean a cow or a deer. There are no lamas around here."
He insisted, "NO! It was a giant lama! I saw it!" I said, "Sure kid. Sure."
Then the boy screamed, as one would upon siting Bigfoot- "LOOOOOK!!!!" And there on a step bluff was a huge white lama staring at us. I laughed for about fifteen minutes. The lama never budged. The boy just kept pointing. After a while it was creepy so I asked him not to point. Not polite.

Every year I return in the spring for trout and check the hillside for the great white one. Never seen again. The legend continues...

ttitan27
07-21-2016, 01:46 PM
Goats can climb and eat anything. Wonder if it is stump broke?

Travis C.
07-21-2016, 02:49 PM
There has been a goat on the bluff for years. Not sure how long exactly but as far as I can remember its or a relative of his has always been there.

TNBronzeback
07-21-2016, 07:38 PM
Lol....thats pretty cool!
Just some random goat chillin on a cliff, grubbin and gandering! lol.
Living the goat dream! lol

Lepomis
07-21-2016, 07:50 PM
Back in the 70s and 80s we would occasionally see goats on the man-made "bluffs" along the interstate in that part of the world. Maybe he's a descendent of those goats.

When I was in college I saw goats walking the very high bluffs on Cordell Hull, mostly just above Flynn's Creek, but also the bluffs above Gainesboro. I was amazed how they could hop around on ledges that you had to look real close to even see.

Pinwheeled
07-21-2016, 08:26 PM
Lol....thats pretty cool!

Just some random goat chillin on a cliff, grubbin and gandering! lol.

Living the goat dream! lol

Lol that's what we were thinking too. Like TN is covered in brush and weeds but this goat is just like "Na I'm gonna hang out on this cliff and do goat stuff."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoelO
07-22-2016, 04:24 PM
How about this...and, no, that isn't Center Hill dam. :D

http://cellar.org/2010/damgoats.jpg

deezelteck
07-22-2016, 09:38 PM
I'd say the goat is someone's livestock, they let out, or it got out. It could be feral. I've seen the same thing happen with hogs in East Tennessee.

Dturner3
07-23-2016, 04:36 PM
This is interesting several years ago coming back home from Dale hollow lake . I seen several goats next to the road on a vertical cliff it was amazing how they can stand on pretty much nothing.

Dturner3
07-23-2016, 04:36 PM
That pic of the dam and goats is crazy