PDA

View Full Version : Whites at Pickwick

Alphahawk
07-19-2016, 09:07 AM
Fished Pickwick tailrace for 2 hours yesterday before lightning ran me off. It was hot....had I not had the bimini I would not have been able to fish. Sure makes for some nice shade. The ThunderHawk Dancer is quite the lure. I caught a little over 2 dozen white bass today on a Midnight Blue Dancer....also a few largemouth. Only one pic as I just did not want to fool with the camera. My clothes were soaked and doing anything in that heat was a chore. All the whites were sows....big and fat. The are gorging on shad....on the bottom in 23 feet of water under the shad. All fish caught using Major Craft Truzer Ajing 6' 5" Ajing UL "Hard" model. Reel was spooled with 4# test NanoFil and a 2 foot section of 4# test Phantom fluro leader. My rod setup made for a ton of fun with these fish....pulling hard in that oxygen rich water. I started fishing at noon......headed to vehicle at 2:00 p.m....loaded the boat at 2:15 p.m. Lightning and me just do not get along. I had a fishing buddy show up just as storm hit...he wanted me to hang around but I headed home. At 2:00 p.m. they increased the flow to 39,000. This made the bite go off the charts. While I caught my fish off the bottom my buddy started catching them in the jumps.....landing over 100 whites....largemouth....smallmouth, from 2:00 p.m. until 6:00 p.m. I should have put back in after the storm passed. It has not been a good past 6 weeks for me...hoping it is turning around. So it is on at Pickwick....for now anyway. There are shad everywhere and fish are feeding. Going again Wednesday....life is good!

Regards

TNBronzeback
07-19-2016, 01:00 PM
great report Alpha!
thats a chunk of white for sure!

deezelteck
07-19-2016, 04:28 PM
Good report. Nice smallie.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk