PDA

View Full Version : Tims Ford 7/18/16

agelesssone
07-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Decided to try trolling some Umbrella rigs on Tims Ford today.

I trolled for 10 miles (4 hrs at 2.5 MPH) (plus I reset my triplog) today on Tims Ford, marking bazillions of fish. Almost every point held fish.

I trolled four Umbrella rigs and two tadpoles (divers) with hair jig and sassy shad body.

Started about 6 AM and at 10:30 I had to give it up.

NOT ONE BITE!!!!

Bourbon-thirty may come a little early today....

Just another full moon trip for me. I NEVER do well on a full moon. Plus it was a bluebird sky all the time I fished.

Went and did the same thing last Friday and caught 13 fish with Aero and my son.

I hate fishing!!

jad2t
07-18-2016, 03:58 PM
I never do well the day after a full moon. Some say that's because those fish feed all night under the full moon and aren't interested the next day. I think I believe it.

SAMBOLIE
07-18-2016, 05:24 PM
I never do well the day after a full moon. Some say that's because those fish feed all night under the full moon and aren't interested the next day. I think I believe it.

If that was true I would think they would jump in the boat under a full moon. Full moon has never benefited my night fishing.

agelesssone
07-19-2016, 07:34 AM
And right now, the day after my goose egg, aero already has 20 in the boat and the fish are still surfacing.
Says he can't keep all four of his rods in the water!
20+ fish in the first two hours!

aero320
07-19-2016, 03:10 PM
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160719/b174b764352dbd2a80a927b8984ae541.jpg

This was our final fish for the morning on the StriperMemories boat. A 13 pound Striper. Today, it did not seem that the full moon and blue sky made any difference. Randy Roller (owner of High Roller Barbecue in McMinnville) was my guest. This was really an "Introduction to Striper Fishing " trip. I think he is hooked. I warned him that this kind of fishing was addictive. We were trolling StriperMemories Urigs with Captain Jim jig heads. Also experimented with a modified version of the Tennessee Teaser (also from Captain Jim) with the Tadpole system. Very promising results.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk