PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow 7-13-16

TNBronzeback
07-17-2016, 06:32 PM
After speaking with a fellow member on the forum, i set sail for dale hollow wednesday. Found some good looking water on a point. Grass from 23' and shallower. Marked what i know without a shadow of a doubt were walleyes and proceeded to fish. Trolling harnesses in all zig zag patterns across the point to no avail. Jigged blades, spoons, jigs, ect nothing. Duplicated the trolling with all variations of cranks....had some hard smacks but no hookups. Went to spot B. Changed harness colors and smoked the gills and small largemouths. No huge gills but certainly "eaters" if was keeping them. Changed over to cranks and my little minnow stick bait got drilled! ive caught hundreds and hundreds of walleyes on the great lakes and i know by the deep head shakes this was a brute. Got it fairly close to the back of the boat, seen the familiar long, gold color in the deep, clear water then the slack line and my gold was gone. Hooks pulled free and she was gone. Familiar tooth marks on my little minnow bait is all i have left. Lol.
During the trolling, small schools and big solo smallies would bust the surface so on 2 seperate casts i popped 2 nice fish. A 3.5 and a 3.8 that was a riot!
We ended the night fan casting a sharp weed/gravel point and put a small largemouth in the boat.
Post game review: ive been to the lake on a blistery, hot, bluebird day and in my personal opinion, was successful on several fronts. I found my target species and managed to coax one into biting. Ive seen some prime water that i know holds good fish. Next time i go back i will refine my technique, grab some additional baits and hopefully put an eye or 2 on the deck.
Love the lake, will certainly be back and be back more frequently.

jaybird
07-17-2016, 08:28 PM
Good report and a couple of nice fish you have there