PDA

View Full Version : JPP whites and hybrid in the jumps

Dakota
07-16-2016, 01:42 PM
Went out in the early morning to troll a little and my first stop the white bass and hybrid where in the jumps. Pretty much a frenzy for about 30 minutes. Threadfin were flying out of the water everywhere. Caught them mostly on topwater. Trolling was slow caught mostly yellow bass. Much bigger in size than I'm used though. Also here's a picture of the size of the threadfin right now on JPP.

https://vimeo.com/174958649

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160716/e9c6f2b57d2ff999838532be49b71e06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FloatNFish
07-17-2016, 07:40 AM
Not much that is more fun than that right there!

agelesssone
07-18-2016, 03:36 PM
At the cutthrough between Bryant's Grove to Four Corners Marina, the whites and hybrids have been active a number of times. Hasn't been happening lately (last 2 weeks) but when they were there, we had mornings where we'd catch 40-50 in an hour.

But, like I said, they haven't done that lately.

We did hit a surfacing school of largemouth outside of the Cook recreation area beach (down by Goose Island) last Saturday. It lasted for about one minute! We caught four small (14 inch) bass and then they vanished.

SAMBOLIE
07-18-2016, 05:26 PM
At the cutthrough between Bryant's Grove to Four Corners Marina, the whites and hybrids have been active a number of times. Hasn't been happening lately (last 2 weeks) but when they were there, we had mornings where we'd catch 40-50 in an hour.

But, like I said, they haven't done that lately.

We did hit a surfacing school of largemouth outside of the Cook recreation area beach (down by Goose Island) last Saturday. It lasted for about one minute! We caught four small (14 inch) bass and then they vanished.

We aren't interested in history. Where are they now?

agelesssone
07-19-2016, 08:37 AM
They are in J Percy Priest lake, right off the north end of Goose Island, holding at 15 ft over 35 FOW.

They will be biting starting at 5:15 AM on Tuesday, July 20, 2016. They will cease to bite at 6:00 AM that same day.

They will then travel 3.5 miles upstream to the north end of Hole-in the Wall Island, where they will suspend at 15 ft and remain there until 7:30 PM.

At that time they will travel .5 mile upstream to mile marker five and commence to feed on a huge baitball that will move into that same area at 7:25 PM.

Based on the fact that these fish can swim at 20 MPH, it will only take them 1.5 minutes to cover the .5 mile whence they shall commence to dine.

I'm sorry that I don't have the time to get into details about their movements, but rest assured.....THESE ARE SOLID FACTS!!

If you are looking for big fish, please move along. These fish will only average between .73 lbs to 1.3 lbs.

I can send you details on where, when, and how NOT to catch big fish, but I prefer to do that in a private message. I'm sure you'll understand my need for secrecy on this matter.

Were I to expose those areas to the many lurkers here on this website, (Members: 74,117 vs maybe 50 active posting members), there would be thousands of fishermen avoiding those spots and they might accidentally stumble upon a good fishing spot. Don't need that!

Furc da lurkers!

ttitan27
07-19-2016, 09:11 AM
They are in J Percy Priest lake, right off the north end of Goose Island, holding at 15 ft over 35 FOW.

They will be biting starting at 5:15 AM on Tuesday, July 20, 2016. They will cease to bite at 6:00 AM that same day.

They will then travel 3.5 miles upstream to the north end of Hole-in the Wall Island, where they will suspend at 15 ft and remain there until 7:30 PM.

At that time they will travel .5 mile upstream to mile marker five and commence to feed on a huge baitball that will move into that same area at 7:25 PM.

Based on the fact that these fish can swim at 20 MPH, it will only take them 1.5 minutes to cover the .5 mile whence they shall commence to dine.

I'm sorry that I don't have the time to get into details about their movements, but rest assured.....THESE ARE SOLID FACTS!!

If you are looking for big fish, please move along. These fish will only average between .73 lbs to 1.3 lbs.

I can send you details on where, when, and how NOT to catch big fish, but I prefer to do that in a private message. I'm sure you'll understand my need for secrecy on this matter.

Were I to expose those areas to the many lurkers here on this website, (Members: 74,117 vs maybe 50 active posting members), there would be thousands of fishermen avoiding those spots and they might accidentally stumble upon a good fishing spot. Don't need that!

Furc da lurkers!

I'm thinking about hitting the 7:25 bait ball feeding.

jad2t
07-19-2016, 10:17 AM

It's crazy that we have that many members vs people who actually post.

XxthejuicexX
07-19-2016, 11:52 AM
It's crazy that we have that many members vs people who actually post.

Yes it is.

Alphahawk
07-19-2016, 12:04 PM
Pick about any forum on the net and it is that way.

Regards

Dakota
07-19-2016, 04:59 PM

Furc da lurkers!

Impressive stuff Merv!

gordonc615
07-20-2016, 02:44 PM
Nice!!!

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

gordonc615
07-20-2016, 02:47 PM
Merv u are the f ing man!!

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk