PDA

View Full Version : Got some shade now.

Alphahawk
07-10-2016, 09:13 PM
I must admit this is the first year the heat has given me pause. Just can't stay out in it as I used to. So put the bimini on. The pic of it strapped to the cleat will be used for running at speed. The pic of it strapped to the eye pad is for on station fishing to give me a little more room to fish. Yes I know it is black...but after several phone calls to Sunbrella.....and emails to Boat Covers Direct......and reading a lot of forum posts about dark biminis.....I was convinced it really did not make much difference the color for bimini tops. Will have to get out on the water to see how I am going to like it. If it gets in the way I can move it back...I mounted it on a slide track system.......and still be able to take some breaks in the shade. TK gave me the idea of using paracord with snap hook to hook up when I drop the straps to give me more room. Once again thanks to TK...Merv....notorious, for ideas...pics...and input. So now just to get on the water.

Regards

notorious
07-10-2016, 09:41 PM
You will love it...and I really like the dark color contrast. Go give it a try and let us know!

Mikeyrrt
07-10-2016, 11:15 PM
I think my boat needs one of those covers soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tkwalker
07-10-2016, 11:47 PM
Randy, looks like mine except a little smaller and not Blue... But I will say your color combo enhances your whole rig ... Good looking Machine.. Now . Who do you know who can go with you who knows how to catch fish ?? LOL !! .. You the man !! ... <'TK>< :)

Dakota
07-11-2016, 07:29 AM
Looks great I have a black one too and it's a life saver many days on the water. You'll love having it!!

tennvols00
07-13-2016, 03:56 PM
What size merc do you have?

Alphahawk
07-13-2016, 05:54 PM
What size merc do you have?

It's a 40 HP. Moves me along at 30 MPH. Pretty good for all the weight in the boat and myself.

Regards

ttitan27
07-14-2016, 08:36 AM
Nice looking setup!

Heiny57
07-14-2016, 12:47 PM
Shade is nice this time of year.