PDA

View Full Version : Southern Woods and Waters

Dakota
07-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Ok guys so I was asked to be on this show and it was live last night (Thursday). We talked trolling and the Caney fork. Check out the replay today Friday at 2pm and Sunday at 8pm Comcast channel 250. Had a blast doing this and a great experience for sure. I talked about what works best for me in the world of trolling crankbaits, plus a little Caney. Make your popcorn...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

commdd
07-08-2016, 12:55 PM
i saw it, great job!!

jaycee
07-08-2016, 04:47 PM
Much better show than Hugh usually has. I actually enjoyed the info as I do not troll. Good job. Entertaining.

bassin'law
07-08-2016, 06:54 PM
Enjoyed your presentation last evening on the Southern Woods and Waters Show Would have liked to heard more about Old Hickory trolling, especially regarding the lower end--Shutes Branch to the Dam. Plan to try in the near future. Thanks!

Alphahawk
07-08-2016, 11:04 PM
Congrats on being on the show.....good info. From 2001-2004 I trolled a lot for crappie....meaning for 3 of those years 5 days a week, 365 a year, no matter the weather. Used a lot of Bandit 300 series. Then I quit. I gave almost 1500 bucks worth of Bandits to my son years ago. I just put a bimini on my boat. I am now trolling again....a little different this time. I am using my UL gear as I am just not going to get back into larger gear again. It is working out pretty good. I only use one rod and was looking to get a single rod holder.....but I was already thinking not to do it as I might lose a rod.....these JDM's cost a lot to replace.....LOL. Then after watching the video of the show and hearing you talking about it I'm thinking no rod holder. Also recent trips to Laurel Hill catching a bunch of blue and channel cats in the 4-5 pound range...and a trip to Center Hill hooking up with a 5 pound flat head...it just confirms my thoughts...hang on to the rod....LOL. I am now trolling with Trout Magnets and the ThunderHawk Dancer...it works out pretty good. Like you, if I don't scan fish on the sonar I move on.....really saves a lot of time.

Regards

Wyatt
07-10-2016, 10:29 PM
Just finished watching this weeks episode. Great information and congrats on being on the show.

Dakota
07-11-2016, 07:27 AM
Thanks guys! Have fun Catchin!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk