PDA

View Full Version : Caney fork condition

Dakota
07-07-2016, 11:31 AM
Did anyone go to the Caney Fork today? Or maybe passed by it on the interstate. Wondering if it's even fishable?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jad2t
07-07-2016, 12:14 PM
Keep an eye on the generator schedule. So far it still says 1 from 8-9 tonight. My guess is tomorrow we'll see more generation because of the rain.

TroutFiend
07-07-2016, 12:32 PM
I was up there Tuesday from 6 AM to 12 PM.
As soon as you got to the Boy Scout trail steps the water turned to chocolate milk even with the generator running. Also usually the first creek that ties into the river just at the I-40 overpass will turn the river brown also.
That being said the fishing was great below the Dam that day, I caught 57.

jad2t
07-07-2016, 02:38 PM
The idea situation would be generators roaring all day and then cut them off at about 6pm and leave them off all night.

MickT
07-07-2016, 07:33 PM
A buddy of mine saw it from the interstate today and said it was rolling. The dam discharge report really doesn't reflect that though. I guess the tribs had it up.

jad2t
07-08-2016, 07:28 AM
Yea I've seen it before where way downstream it looked like coffee and cream.

I still don't know why people ruin coffee by adding that stuff...

Back to the Caney - my guess is that it did get muddied up way downstream from tributary creeks flooding but they're running the generators a bit more today, just a couple hours more, and that should wash all that stuff out to the Cumberland. So as long as we don't get anymore really heavy rain it should be cleared out by tomorrow.

MNfisher
07-08-2016, 08:12 AM
Below the Smithfork is completely blown out. Above it you should be fine

Mike

Dakota
07-08-2016, 11:02 AM
Thanks fellas no Caney fishing this weekend for me.

Dakota
07-13-2016, 12:47 PM
I hope the Caney is ready because I'm taking a friend on Friday!! Pending generation schedule.

Pinwheeled
07-13-2016, 06:35 PM
I hope the Caney is ready because I'm taking a friend on Friday!! Pending generation schedule.

I'm hoping so too. I have 3 friends coming down from IL this weekend and we are planning on fishing the Caney Saturday and Sunday. If the generation schedule looks iffy then we'll probably fish the Elk.

Dakota
07-13-2016, 06:45 PM
I'm hoping so too. I have 3 friends coming down from IL this weekend and we are planning on fishing the Caney Saturday and Sunday. If the generation schedule looks iffy then we'll probably fish the Elk.

I'm temped to drive out there Thursday late afternoon to check out water clarity. You would think it's back to clear water.

Pinwheeled
07-13-2016, 07:13 PM
I'm temped to drive out there Thursday late afternoon to check out water clarity. You would think it's back to clear water.

I would think it's fine. They've been generating a lot throughout the day this week. Hopefully they ease that back some this weekend.

MNfisher
07-13-2016, 09:18 PM
Was on the river from first bend to Betty's yesterday. River looks great.

Mike

Dakota
07-14-2016, 07:09 AM
Awesome Thanks Mike!

Pinwheeled
07-14-2016, 12:32 PM
Was on the river from first bend to Betty's yesterday. River looks great.

Mike

Thanks Mike. You do any good?

MNfisher
07-14-2016, 01:08 PM
Thanks Mike. You do any good?

The Browns were willingly eating during high water on jerkbaits. We caught 3 between 16-21". Lost a bigger and lost a handful in that range

Mike