PDA

View Full Version : Dale Hollow or Center Hill

TNBronzeback
07-06-2016, 09:09 PM
My cousin is coming in from Oklahoma this weekend and ive got all next week off for fishing. Being during the week, we plan on taking advantage of the lower fishing pressure on priest for sure but we may want to go for a change of scenery at some point too.
Ive never fished either lake so im clueless. Im sure his preference would be bass, but if things get rough, we would fish for anything.
Can anybody point me/us in the right direction on either of those lakes? Ive got the navionics app on my phone so i wont be running totally blind.
Any specific ramps or depths or ends of the lake would be greatly appreciated. Im not asking for GPS coordinates, just some good general info we can build on.
Thanks!

Alphahawk
07-06-2016, 09:34 PM
Tough one. Either lake you are going to have to go deep if you fish during the day. Best bet is Dale Hollow at night IMHO...under the lights anchored in deep water. Or fish it at night casting to banks using black lights. Two tough nuts to crack during summer daytime fishing. Dale Hollow under the lights could present you with big whites...big trout.....just about anything really. Boat traffic on either lake during the day will make it tough.

Regards

TroutFiend
07-06-2016, 09:53 PM
X2, DHL at night can be one to remember. We have put the kayaks in at Horse Creek or MITCHELL creek marina and just worked the banks with black or blue football jigs with craw trailers for SM and torem up. Of course this technique will work on CHL also. If you got all week hit them both! Also if you are up that way the Caney is on fire right now.

Andy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk