PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory Lake fishing report 7/3/2016

tacklemake
07-04-2016, 12:14 AM
Well for the passed week fishing has been a little on the hard side but you can still find the bitters. A lot of people said they are deep but I'm still finding them in 3' to 6' of water. A lot of people are using crank baits right now for the bitters but I'm still looking for the big none bitters and finding them with the 8" black emerald lizard by Zoom and a 3" watermelon red flake crazy flapper by Kieteck all texas rigged and retrieve it slowly on the bottom in the lay downs. If you want to see what I'm catching go on facebook and type in reel men of God and look for my video's. Well it's that time again so good luck and GOD BLESS........Woody

deezelteck
07-04-2016, 05:56 AM
We fished Old Hick yeaterday, and found fish both shallow and deep. Not any sea monsters, but a good day. Thanks for the report.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Heiny57
07-04-2016, 06:38 AM
Good info.

Dakota
07-04-2016, 07:25 AM
Had a buddy that caught a bunch shallow all 13-14inchers. He lost one at 3lb. He was in the Drakes Creek area using Squarebills.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig
07-04-2016, 04:12 PM
For me there was about a week where I wanted to sell my boat. But the bite has really turned on for me the last week or so. Shallow and deep and plenty of numbers both ways. The more consistent bite for me has been shallow. Flipping lay downs and top water early on shallow points had produced my quality fish. I have found a few decent sized schools deep but only 14-16 inchers. I hzvent found that quality deep bite. Been catching the deeper fish on a 6xd, big worm, and Carolina rig