PDA

View Full Version : Priest bass help

Smithcotrapper
07-02-2016, 12:02 AM
Can anyone please give me some insight to priest bass? I've been several times bass fishing and have managed two keepers and one was crappie fishing.it has become quite frustrating to me and I don't know what to do.Any tips would be much appreciated. Thank you

Jlg309
07-02-2016, 02:21 AM
This time of year, your best bet is to fish the light changes, i.e. sunrise or sunset, or just night fish. (Middle of the day is tough.) I'd target spots where the channel comes right up to the shore. If you haven't got a bite in 15 minutes, move.

Steep drop offs have been working for me. Worm or creature bait fishing, deep cranks. If I could only bring one worm color it would probably be red shad, however I've found that any natural color seems to work on Priest.

Headhunter
07-05-2016, 08:48 AM
fish the middle of the day. Flats, humps, drop-offs and 6 feet is not to shallow. Lost count of how many I caught yesterday and they were schooled up in about 6 feet, had aobut 14 that were 15" and several 4 pounders. Right now they can be anywhere from 6 to 20 feet but for sure look at drop-offs and flats. I like to cover a lot of area with a crankbait and when I catch a fish I drop my anchor and go to looking. You can find schools this time of the year and when you do it is fun. I have spent thousands of hours watching a depthfinder and still do and it really means a lot in learning where fish will hang out.

Smithcotrapper
07-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Thank you guys! I can catch a few fish at old hickory but am still trying to learn it as well. I just can't ever seem to catch fish at priest

Smithcotrapper
07-10-2016, 03:09 PM
Well caught two keepers yesterday and a bunch of small fish on top waters in the middle of the day at that

Jlg309
07-10-2016, 11:58 PM
Well caught two keepers yesterday and a bunch of small fish on top waters in the middle of the day at that

Good deal. The wife and I got out for a few hours this evening. Managed about a dozen; all caught on either a drop shot or texas rigged worm.

Smithcotrapper
07-11-2016, 03:51 PM
Good deal! I guess I just need to get out there and spend some time idling around looking for the schools