PDA

View Full Version : Floating the caney

Topwater1
06-29-2016, 06:54 PM
I keep on reading about how people are putting in at the dam and floating down an acess point on the Caney. There is probably an easy answer to this, but I'm just wondering how do you get back up to the dam?

XxthejuicexX
06-29-2016, 06:59 PM
I keep on reading about how people are putting in at the dam and floating down an acess point on the Caney. There is probably an easy answer to this, but I'm just wondering how do you get back up to the dam?

You don't. You take out at happy hollow or the next spot.

Topwater1
06-29-2016, 07:26 PM
You don't. You take out at happy hollow or the next spot.

So go upriver then float back down

XxthejuicexX
06-29-2016, 07:28 PM
Well. There are shuttle services that will both drop you off at and pick you up, on their schedule. Or two people with two trucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pinwheeled
06-29-2016, 08:50 PM
So go upriver then float back down

You either shuttle vehicles with a buddy or call Big Rock Market and get a ride for $10 or $15; I can't remember.

jaycee
06-29-2016, 08:51 PM
I know a man that leaves a bicycle downstream and rides to get his vehicle.

Pinwheeled
06-29-2016, 09:35 PM
I know a man that leaves a bicycle downstream and rides to get his vehicle.

I saw a married couple at the Caney one day that had a great setup. They had a double kayak trailer made out of what looked like a jet ski trailer. They had also modified the trailer to where they could haul a motorized scooter in the middle. The pulled in to Happy, chained their scooter to a tree, then went and launched at the dam. Thought that was pretty slick.

lupanfreitag
06-30-2016, 06:04 AM
It is $15 bucks. Little high but a good service. If alone, you can drop your truck off at pull out, like Happy, then they drive you back to the dam.
Better than taking two vehicles.... for me at least. I live in Portland.