PDA

View Full Version : Great day of Bass Fishing OH

Adrian
06-29-2016, 01:04 PM
The Bass took a look at my wife and just jumped in the boat! We had a few hours to spare yesterday and decided to go skipping docks in Station Camp Creek. I was throwing everything "green pumpkin" in the tackle box to little success when my wife tied on a Strike King Rage Cut R Worm in Junebug color. BINGO! She caught 5 times as many as I did in no time... I guess I'll use Junebug today. BTW, all of the bigger ones came off of North facing docks.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg582/adriandavidpayne/Happy-Bass-Forum_zpscn3h7skx.jpg (http://s1245.photobucket.com/user/adriandavidpayne/media/Happy-Bass-Forum_zpscn3h7skx.jpg.html)

skillet
06-29-2016, 02:21 PM
Nice fish!! Wonder why that fishes tail is so beat up and bloody?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luckystratos
06-29-2016, 04:27 PM
I've heard of fish spawning in June up river but that big boy is way behind. Knew I should stayed on hick. Left late this morning and came to guntersvile. Slow for us. 2 keepers this morning. Son had a 6# frame fish prolly weighted 41/2. Very thin. Caught on spook at 1:30. Bright sun. Never thought they would hit

Adrian
06-29-2016, 09:04 PM
Get This. When we got back to the Ramp today, there were some HUGE Bass carcasses laying on the bank someone had filleted and left there. There were 5 there, not one of them under 5 pounds. The biggest one looked to be around 9 pounds. I thought it was a Striper until I saw the skin tucked underneath it. Someone got into a school somewhere ledge fishing, or they are indeed spawning somewhere...

unkangler
06-30-2016, 04:18 AM
The Bass took a look at my wife and just jumped in the boat! We had a few hours to spare yesterday and decided to go skipping docks in Station Camp Creek. I was throwing everything "green pumpkin" in the tackle box to little success when my wife tied on a Strike King Rage Cut R Worm in Junebug color. BINGO! She caught 5 times as many as I did in no time... I guess I'll use Junebug today. BTW, all of the bigger ones came off of North facing docks.

Always enjoy your posts and pic's.... if You have to be out-fished may as well be by your wife!

Adrian
07-02-2016, 12:37 PM
Thanks. Yeah, she schooled me. I was fighting the wind which was making me fish faster. She has way more patience than I do. Slow and steady wins the race...

Texas_Rig
07-02-2016, 04:11 PM
Get This. When we got back to the Ramp today, there were some HUGE Bass carcasses laying on the bank someone had filleted and left there. There were 5 there, not one of them under 5 pounds. The biggest one looked to be around 9 pounds. I thought it was a Striper until I saw the skin tucked underneath it. Someone got into a school somewhere ledge fishing, or they are indeed spawning somewhere...

By chance was this at Saunders ferry? A friend of mine fished a tournament out of there Tuesday night and he said there were guys on the dock with a net scooping up dead and struggling released fish. This could explain how someone got a hold of 5 really nice bass. He said they were netting live bass that were just trying to get their bearings before swimming off as well. Not gonna get more specific but he said these guys were immigrants from a very poverish part of the world. Thinking about it pulls me in 2 directions. For one, I'm never gonna question a guy trying to feed his family but for any other reason I have a problem with what they were doing. I wasn't there so I can't judge these people for what they were doing

skillet
07-02-2016, 10:27 PM
By chance was this at Saunders ferry? A friend of mine fished a tournament out of there Tuesday night and he said there were guys on the dock with a net scooping up dead and struggling released fish. This could explain how someone got a hold of 5 really nice bass. He said they were netting live bass that were just trying to get their bearings before swimming off as well. Not gonna get more specific but he said these guys were immigrants from a very poverish part of the world. Thinking about it pulls me in 2 directions. For one, I'm never gonna question a guy trying to feed his family but for any other reason I have a problem with what they were doing. I wasn't there so I can't judge these people for what they were doing

If this is the case, fish struggling to live after being released, then the guy netting the bass did the right thing. The people that need to be chastised are the ones leaving big bass like that in live wells all day and not taking care of them properly. I really would like to see more catch, weigh/pic, and release tournaments. It would keep that from happening so often.

Adrian
07-02-2016, 11:43 PM
The ramp where we saw them was at the end of Lock 4 Road. These fish would have won anyone a tournament. Hell, this lot could have won the Bassmaster Classic.

Texas_Rig
07-03-2016, 02:22 AM
If this is the case, fish struggling to live after being released, then the guy netting the bass did the right thing. The people that need to be chastised are the ones leaving big bass like that in live wells all day and not taking care of them properly. I really would like to see more catch, weigh/pic, and release tournaments. It would keep that from happening so often.

I agree. I fish a lot of tournaments and just paying close attention to the condition of your fish can go a long way in their survival. This time of year when the water is super hot and had low oxygen is the worse on those fish. I fish from an old boat and my livewells don't have a resirculator so its important that I carry lots of ice and make frequent stops on long runs to pump in as much fresh water as I can. If I see a fish that's struggling I will just hold it upright with its mouth right in front of the fresh water being pimped in. This has saved quite a few for me