PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Lake

brewer88
06-24-2016, 09:22 AM
Thinking of hitting up Kentucky Lake this weekend, we have a 3 day :)
Anyone been out there recently? Some reports from their website say the bass are moving into their summer pattern on deeper ledges 15'-25'. I don't have too much experience with deep water bass fishing, should I be looking for ledges on the inlets of coves or try to find some inside the coves closer to the springs?

Side note: hit up cheatham last weekend and caught two nice stripers around 36inches. The problem was trying to catch skipjack the right size, was only able to get 3 or 4 baits under 14 inches. Was off an on, caught them Friday and went Saturday morning and sunday evening with no luck.

skillet
06-24-2016, 09:30 AM
Follow the ledges outside of the creeks, main lake stuff if you can handle being on the trolling motor. Throw Carolina rigs or big 10" or bigger Texas rigged worms. White hair jigs work well and always a 6xd crankbait. The bigger the bait the better on ky lake, especially when you find that school of 4-6lbers.

I've had my best day ever fishing on ky lake but I wasn't on the ledges, it was during the spawn, water was up in the bushes and muddy...it was a magical morning. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headhunter
06-24-2016, 02:57 PM
fish have been on the ledges and deeper places for well over a month.

brewer88
06-29-2016, 04:45 PM
ended up fishing KY Lake sunday afternoon. we hit a bunch of different ledges around 15 to 20 feet and didn't graph much and no bites. hit the shoreline for a bit and only had one small one.....

but then at 730 we saw some busting on top in a shallow cove, was an explosive 30 min as we caught 8 or 10 on poppers and buzz baits. made the trip worth it! just wish I could figure out the deep fish...

Mr.Duk
06-29-2016, 08:36 PM
We had success with jigs deep last weekend.