06-11-2016, 09:39 PM
Has anyone fished Dale hollow in the last week

Alphahawk
06-11-2016, 09:50 PM
I was up there this past Thursday.

Regards

Dturner3
06-11-2016, 10:00 PM
Did you catch any bass ...I am sure the only smallest biting will be at daylight with the weather being so warm now. Just wondering what one might could catch some on other than live bait.

Alphahawk
06-11-2016, 10:10 PM
Did you catch any bass ...I am sure the only smallest biting will be at daylight with the weather being so warm now. Just wondering what one might could catch some on other than live bait.

If you have read any of my posts you know how I fish....all light line and Trout Magnet. I went up in search of Gills......was not able to locate any. I found Smallies at the entrances to pockets. They were in about 20-30 feet of water suspended at around 15-18 feet. They were schooled up. While casting to a known bedding area for Gills looked down at my di and had just run over a big school of fish....turned my seat around made one cast directly over the motor and it was game on. After about a 5 minute battle landed an 18 inch Smallie on my 2# test. They are there and are willing to bite. But I am obsessed with finding the big Gills deep so I kept looking for them. Did not find any but am not giving up.

Regards

unkangler
06-12-2016, 10:54 AM
If you have read any of my posts you know how I fish....all light line and Trout Magnet. I went up in search of Gills......was not able to locate any. I found Smallies at the entrances to pockets. They were in about 20-30 feet of water suspended at around 15-18 feet. They were schooled up. While casting to a known bedding area for Gills looked down at my di and had just run over a big school of fish....turned my seat around made one cast directly over the motor and it was game on. After about a 5 minute battle landed an 18 inch Smallie on my 2# test. They are there and are willing to bite. But I am obsessed with finding the big Gills deep so I kept looking for them. Did not find any but am not giving up.

Regards

Man-o-man.... I don't think I could leave a school of biting smallies like that. But I know what you mean about being hooked on big gills.... I used to spend a week every spring on Deep Creek Lake in western Maryland and used to catch some hoss gill's.... lot's of fun especially when you get'em on a top water prop bait like this one this bass hit!
http://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/ee455/unkangler/b14854de-157c-4aec-8479-2e1e225d219d_zpssppdr8vu.jpg

Dturner3
06-12-2016, 11:03 AM
That's awesome catch Alphahawk. That's heck of a fight on 2# . Nice catch. And yeah I have read many of your posts of fishing at Dale hollow

Alphahawk
06-12-2016, 12:02 PM
That's awesome catch Alphahawk. That's heck of a fight on 2# . Nice catch. And yeah I have read many of your posts of fishing at Dale hollow

Dave Clark is the one with the info on Dale Hollow. Now he doesn't fish like most but I guess one could say most don't fish like him....LOL. I don't know of any other guides up there that fish during the daytime. I was always told you can't catch them in the daylight during summer. I never believed that but this is the first time I have lived close enough to try it out a couple of times a week. If I can find out how to get on the Gills I will be going more than twice a week. Down imaging sonar is the key IMHO for finding Gills in deep water. Time will tell as summer goes on. Dave told me the Gills will spawn this month. I will be up there 5 days before the full moon checking it out and fish it probably 4 days past full moon.

Regards

Dturner3
06-12-2016, 09:00 PM
Yeah I keep up with Dave Clark I see a lot of pics and have seen him on the lake a few times.He sure knows what he is doing. He may be the only one I believe that seems to have it all figured out haha. By the way good luck on the gills and keep us posted. I always enjoy your posts also.