PDA

View Full Version : From lemons to lemonade

Texas_Rig
06-05-2016, 08:13 PM
My fishing partner and I fish in the Tennessee Team Bass Club. We have had major boat isuues for 4 tournaments in a row. But we have taken them in stride. Our second tourney of the year; right after take off my partners motor(2013 250 yamaha sho) blows up. It took us the whole tournament to get back to elm hill marina on the trolling motor. We just had 10lbs but were glad to have it. The next tournament was ky lake and we didn't go bc his motor wasn't ready. The next stop was Wheeler lake. The day before the tournament my partners trolling motor shaft broke. We couldn't find a replacement so we fished without a trolling motor and we won. We had 15.83lbs. That was 3 weeks ago and my partner has been out of town and hasn't had his trolling motor fixed. So today we had a tournament at Barkley and took my boat. So we back down the ramp this morning and I try to start my boat and the starter has croaked. Now we have no big motor. We troll around dyer creek for 9 hours and catch 14.91 lbs. good for a 4th place finish. I'm proud of what we've caught lately but so ready to have a smooth tournament. Sorry for the long post and thx for reading.

Alphahawk
06-05-2016, 08:29 PM
Well...I hate I read that now...LOL. There is enough bad stuff there to rub off on anyone who reads it....LOL. But way to hang in there and get it done.

Regards

Heiny57
06-05-2016, 09:16 PM
You have done well despite the issues.

TNBronzeback
06-05-2016, 10:35 PM
Thats not horrible over all. Considering your setbacks!
congrats on sticking it out and pulling some places!

XxthejuicexX
06-06-2016, 08:09 AM
Good job catching fish after the mechanical issues.

luckystratos
06-06-2016, 08:28 AM
Wow I believe you need to leave the keys at the house the way you guys are catching them. Always thought I was running past the fish and that proves if you put your nose down and fish you don't have to run out 20 gal of gas.when you get those boats straightened out somebody better look out. Y'all going to smoke some tail.

skillet
06-06-2016, 08:41 AM
I'd look for a piece of banana in yalls boats!!! Someone has sabotaged y'all!!! Lol sorry to hear of the bad luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas_Rig
06-06-2016, 11:02 AM
Thanks for all the nice comments. I hope the next tournament goes without issues. It's at KY Lake and I'm sure it will be an offshore bite. Gonna need everything to run properly to find and set up on those ledge fish. We got really lucky yesterday. Evidently there are a lot of tournaments on Barkley out of Dyer Creek bc just about every fish we caught had holes in there lips from hooks and cull tags

90titans89
06-08-2016, 07:38 AM
My fishing partner and I fish in the Tennessee Team Bass Club. We have had major boat isuues for 4 tournaments in a row. But we have taken them in stride. Our second tourney of the year; right after take off my partners motor(2013 250 yamaha sho) blows up. It took us the whole tournament to get back to elm hill marina on the trolling motor. We just had 10lbs but were glad to have it. The next tournament was ky lake and we didn't go bc his motor wasn't ready. The next stop was Wheeler lake. The day before the tournament my partners trolling motor shaft broke. We couldn't find a replacement so we fished without a trolling motor and we won. We had 15.83lbs. That was 3 weeks ago and my partner has been out of town and hasn't had his trolling motor fixed. So today we had a tournament at Barkley and took my boat. So we back down the ramp this morning and I try to start my boat and the starter has croaked. Now we have no big motor. We troll around dyer creek for 9 hours and catch 14.91 lbs. good for a 4th place finish. I'm proud of what we've caught lately but so ready to have a smooth tournament. Sorry for the long post and thx for reading.

I fished in the tourney that blasted off after yours....watched you hammer them first thing in the morning. :D Plenty of places to fish in Dyers.

Texas_Rig
06-08-2016, 12:25 PM
I fished in the tourney that blasted off after yours....watched you hammer them first thing in the morning. :D Plenty of places to fish in Dyers.

Yes there is. It's the first time I've ever fished that creek. I know it pretty well now. They were munching a spook until the sun came out. We had a decent limt by 645. How dud you guys do? What did it take to win your tournament?

90titans89
06-08-2016, 03:24 PM
Yes there is. It's the first time I've ever fished that creek. I know it pretty well now. They were munching a spook until the sun came out. We had a decent limt by 645. How dud you guys do? What did it take to win your tournament?

Sent you a P.M.