PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory tournament tomorrow

Dakota
06-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Fishing OH tomorrow and I hope to give a good report. Clouds and possible rain so I'm hoping it slows down the recreation boaters and jet skis. Should be interesting as the bass have been tougher to find lately. Seems like most have moved out of the shallows. River channel or close to it here I come!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pitbull
06-03-2016, 02:59 PM
I'm fishing a small one out of davis corner too, you're right about the fish being harder to find, we fished hard yesterday afternoon for 3 small keepers.... I won big fish last Saturday out of flippers at the CF tournament, thought I had a plan for tomorrow but I guess not....

Texas_Rig
06-03-2016, 03:17 PM
Fishing OH tomorrow and I hope to give a good report. Clouds and possible rain so I'm hoping it slows down the recreation boaters and jet skis. Should be interesting as the bass have been tougher to find lately. Seems like most have moved out of the shallows. River channel or close to it here I come!

Not that I am a world class fisherman, but my advise would to be cover as much water as you can until you can start putting the pieces together. The fish are so scattered shallow and deep that I
Think you just have to try and keep your line wet as much as possible and in as many different areas as possible. Good luck to you and bring home the bacon.

TNBronzeback
06-03-2016, 06:34 PM
Not that I am a world class fisherman, but my advise would to be cover as much water as you can until you can start putting the pieces together. The fish are so scattered shallow and deep that I
Think you just have to try and keep your line wet as much as possible and in as many different areas as possible. Good luck to you and bring home the bacon.

Thats great advise! i would consider this the transition time. Fish are done spawning, but havent been forced to thier summer patterns yet so yeah, thats all you can do! fish deep, shallow, slow, fast till you get a few little bits of info to build on.
Good luck indeed!

Dakota
06-03-2016, 07:52 PM
Thanks fellas all valid points for sure. I'll keep you posted.

luckystratos
06-03-2016, 10:15 PM
Friend was on good frog an spinnerbait bite 3 days last weekend around deeper docks and grass beds. He went back Thursday and zeroed. It was cloudy Thursday and sunny last weekend. Not sure if that was problem.
Will be some muddy areas tomorrow as I ran into buckets of rain in some areas on way to work tonite.Guys Good luck be safe and enjoy your day

Mike Mofield
06-04-2016, 04:12 PM
Went out yesterday morning BASS fishing and caught 2 catfish, 6 crappie, and 4-12" bass. There didn't seem to be a pattern except everything away from bank in 5+ fow.

Dakota
06-04-2016, 05:22 PM
Well I had 3 keepers today for 6lb. (2) 14 1/2 inches and one 16 incher. Nothing to brag about but had fun and fished hard. Caught a total of 8 fish. Caught 2 keepers on a swimbait and 1 one on a shallow crankbait. Left flippers and fished the first cove on the right. Had 3 short fish all on a buzzbait. Then fished a island off the main channel with wood, no bites. Over to Cedar Creek and hit a few deeper areas with Carolina rig and 6 XD. No bites. Fished some grass with a frog and spinner bait, no bites. You see the pattern so I left and fished across the channel from cages, nothing. Went to spencer creek and fished docks in 8 feet of water and had 2 keepers and a few short fish. Started raining and went to station camp deeper docks again. Tied on my buzzbait a caught several more short fish. Sure fun though on top water. I caught them in the rain too. I was dry with my frogg toggs on. Started working back and hit a few coves near flippers with the biggest fish of the day caught on a shallow crankbait. Fished bull creek quickly with no bites before I headed in. I heard that the good bites were in 15-20 FOW while sitting in 30. Also if you can find deep grass that was the other area I heard where bigger fish were being caught. The big fish was close to 6 lbs. First was around 1000.00.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160604/424c0a62bfd8e3bc5fb3b68db67e1d18.jpg

luckystratos
06-06-2016, 08:20 AM
Dokota you are fishing against some pretty good sticks in that tournament. Always some body going to wack a sack full. Hope it's you next time. For me that darn lake is fishing tough this year. Hang in there your days coming.

skillet
06-06-2016, 08:43 AM
Dokota you are fishing against some pretty good sticks in that tournament. Always some body going to wack a sack full. Hope it's you next time. For me that darn lake is fishing tough this year. Hang in there your days coming.

Tough ain't the word!!!! We fished yesterday, from inches to 40 fow and only managed 1 keeper. Did lose a couple fish on 6xd's but still not like it was last year. Fixing to be time to break out the dynamite!!

Dakota
06-06-2016, 08:52 PM

Yes very solid group. I fished this one by myself too. Middle TN has some really great fisherman. We all should be proud of that!

Pinwheeled
06-06-2016, 09:11 PM
Yes very solid group. I fished this one by myself too. Middle TN has some really great fisherman. We all should be proud of that!

You're not lying. There are some guys that can straight catch em in that group, Mickey Beck being one of them. Fished a BFL as his non boater once.

tacklemake
06-07-2016, 08:38 PM
It's been slow but I am still catching bass 1to 3 pounds. I'm working the bottom with the 8" black emerald lizard and a jig with a crazy flapper on it. Also try a raddle trap in Tennessee shad color. I am catching them in 3 to 6' of water along the shallow water ledge around 9am when the sun is bright. I will be out there tomorrow morning early for more bass fishing so till then good luck and God bless....... woody P.S. if you want to see my fishing report go to reel men of God on Facebook.