PDA

View Full Version : JPP Striper/Hybrid

eksfish
06-02-2016, 02:43 PM
Fished Priest yesterday. Was able to catch bait in Viverette Creek. I had a hard time finding fish until about 8, found some near Elm Hill, fished them for a couple hours and only caught 1 hybrid. Trolled Areo320 style with a Tadpole and jig on planer boards for several hours from Hobson bridge to the dam. Caught one other hybrid around Cooks. Around 2 pm started cruising again looking to find fish to down line the shad. Notta.

Got caught in that Wrath of God rain storm that hit lower part of Priest, tried to wait it out but the rain was unbelievable. running the bilge and still had a couple inches of water up in the floor. First time i have ever had a self inflating life jacket discharge in what was suppose to be a water tight compartment.

I whimpered home like a drowned rat.

But at least I had great bait...

The fish I caught or marked were all in 30 ft of water suspended 15-20 ft out off secondary points.

TNBronzeback
06-02-2016, 04:43 PM
I marked some fish around elm hill saturday. Seen some sparatic surface activity but no hookups. i will dragging some bait around next time i go out see if i can make something happen.
Atleast ya didnt get skunked! lol

Heiny57
06-02-2016, 06:45 PM
Good info, and I hate getting soaked also. How big were the ones you caught?

jaybird
06-02-2016, 09:38 PM
Took my 16 year old daughter out tonight and had one hook up. Her first hybrid but that was the only bite we had. Live bait on a planer board. Seems they are tough to find right now.we did not get wet but it got rough in a hurry!

eksfish
06-03-2016, 12:15 PM
Both fish were 5-6 on the bogas.