PDA

View Full Version : Cordell Hull Lake

Dturner3
06-01-2016, 09:44 PM
Does anyone here fish Cordell Hull Lake ? By the way I am new to the site here. I have been reading it for years just got logged in recently

Texas_Rig
06-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Welcome. I fished it 2 years ago for bass. We had a family camping trip there for a cpl days. Never caught a bass the entire trip! Caught plenty of sauger but no bass. Swore I'd never go back

luckystratos
06-01-2016, 10:17 PM
Fished couple times about 10 years ago when there was a 12" limit with little luck. Heard it was good when there was grass up around Granville. Been wanting to go back but haven't made it.

pitbull
06-02-2016, 07:31 AM
It's hard to pattern the fish there because the temperature swings so much, you can fish on a Saturday and the water be near 80, go back after a good rain and it be in the mid 60's... That being said I've more 5+lb fish this year out of there than anywhere else this year, mostly on rattle traps in the pre/post spawn. Topwater, they don't seem to like clackers as much as the rest of the world and they seem to like it slow, when all else fails throw a watermelon red flake stick worm with the tip of his tail dyed with the chartreuse garlic stuff. Rattle traps, more blue than chrome and make sure it hitting every rock it passes over. Jigs, black/blue is your friend when they'll hit it. Good luck.

Dturner3
06-02-2016, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the response. I fish there regularly especially from this time of year until fall. I usually fish Dale hollow until now. I have caught several bass smallest and large at Cordell Hull but it always seems hit and miss.I have had good luck on crank baits. Probably going Saturday I will try some new things that you mentioned pitbull.

Smithcotrapper
06-13-2016, 10:10 PM
We caught like 30 bass the other day and had 1 keeper in a few hours. Got a tournament up there this weekend? Any suggestions?

Dturner3
06-14-2016, 07:53 PM
I have had the best luck up there with medium sized crank baits like the rapala crankin rap is my favorite in an olive craw color . That always seems to do best for me the last few years. I feel the.most confident with that at Cordell Hull. What did you catch most of those 30 on ?

Smithcotrapper
06-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Soft plastics