PDA

View Full Version : Guide Reccomendation?

JeffsLowe
06-01-2016, 03:50 PM
Can anyone recommend a musky guide for the upper Collins?

My boat is too big for that water and i finally realized I am too old, spoiled, and lazy for the kayak thing...

Thanks

MNfisher
06-02-2016, 04:52 AM
Nick Adams from TN Moving Waters Guide Service. Great guy, knows his Muskie!

Mike

Travis C.
06-02-2016, 08:33 AM
Nick Adams from TN Moving Waters Guide Service. Great guy, knows his Muskie!

Mike

x2

You will not be disappointed.

JeffsLowe
06-02-2016, 05:16 PM
Thanks! :)

Catch & Release
06-07-2016, 01:08 PM
Dwayne Hickey McMinnville, TN (931)273-7937

Catch & Release
06-07-2016, 01:31 PM
Dwayne Hickey McMinnville, TN (931)273-7937

JeffsLowe
06-09-2016, 08:06 PM
Daughter and I went out with Nick Adams on Wed, and we both had a great time. Between low water and vegetation bloom the conditions were not the best, but we still managed to raise several musky and got a few strikes. Even though we didn't catch any, in musky world just seeing them is still a success. Plus I learned a ton about local tactics, lures, and hot spots that I can use in the future to up my game. (It was also kind of nice not having to handle the boat myself for a change..). Nick is timely, professional, his gear works perfectly, and he works very hard to put his clients on fish. Although we hired him for musky he is also having some world class success with the smallmouth for you small jaw guys.

Thanks again for the recommendation.:)

notorious
06-09-2016, 09:00 PM
Congrats, The Muskie is a fish of a Thousand Cast...few very few actually catch these monsters. I hooked one years ago on a remote part of the Duck River...I got her about 10yds away before she took broke the line. I fished Mil Lacs additionally and never hooked up with one, however had several follow to the boat and follow a figure eight...almost as good I guess.

MNfisher
06-10-2016, 09:14 AM
Congrats, The Muskie is a fish of a Thousand Cast...few very few actually catch these monsters. I hooked one years ago on a remote part of the Duck River...I got her about 10yds away before she took broke the line. I fished Mil Lacs additionally and never hooked up with one, however had several follow to the boat and follow a figure eight...almost as good I guess.

Those Mille lacs Muskie are built like tanks! Caught some giants over the years in there!

Mike

JeffsLowe
06-10-2016, 11:08 AM
I have been fortunate to catch a few musky over the years, but except for that one I posted about here that i got from the Caney, they all came from up north. The largest I have ever seen, however, was one my daughter had on at Pipestone Lake in Ontario 2 years ago. No fish cradle, average sized net, fishing for walleye, smallmouth, and pike - 12lb test, baby doctor spoon, a medium ugly stick, but thankfully a steel leader. Hit in about 6 feet of water, in May - DURING ice out. She got it up to the boat 3 times. The first time I tried to net it from the front while grabbing the back. Fail. The second I tried bending over and hog wrestling it in, Fail. The third time I sucked it up and tried to gill it. And GOT it, But I was on my knees and it was so long I couldn't get the mass of it over the side. I had the head over the deck, daughter said she thought it was all over, but then the thing went nuts again, Out of my hand and back in the lake. It only lasted a few more seconds after that before finally breaking the line.

This fish was caught and released from that same lake/lodge the summer before, and I think it was the same fish as she had on. Same size, coloration, etc.. (after all I did see it up close and personal). Just broke my heart that I couldn;t get in the boat for pictures for her, but at least we have the memories.

/

notorious
06-10-2016, 03:18 PM
Incredible fish...simply astounding there JeffsLowe. I almost dove in to get the monster when I was in Millie Lacs (thanks MNfisher on the spellin). One day I'll have one...one day I tell ya.