PDA

View Full Version : Old hickory stripe

luckystratos
05-26-2016, 12:35 PM
What happened to the stripe. Back in late 80's early 90's used to set up under lights in station camp and load the boat. Heard tales of 100+ boats being out there at once. Did they get fished out or does no one fish for them much anymore?? I know there is still a few nice stripe in the lake but don't here much.

Halli
05-26-2016, 05:56 PM
I would think they are up stream at the moment but will come back to low end when water heats up.

I find a lot in the summer but yeah 1990's would be a cooler full quick.

spottedbass
05-27-2016, 06:56 AM
I still fish for them under the lights but don't catch them like we used to. We catch still catch a bunch but they have no size to them. We end up throwing back 80% of them because there is just no size. I think the yellow bass have hurt the white bass. When the yellow bass started showing up in numbers that is when the white bass seemed to start disappearing.

XxthejuicexX
05-27-2016, 07:25 AM
I still fish for them under the lights but don't catch them like we used to. We catch still catch a bunch but they have no size to them. We end up throwing back 80% of them because there is just no size. I think the yellow bass have hurt the white bass. When the yellow bass started showing up in numbers that is when the white bass seemed to start disappearing.

Did TWRA stock the yellows in the lakes around here?

spottedbass
05-27-2016, 11:28 AM
I have no idea how the yellow bass got into Old Hickory. Twenty years ago you didn't catch any. They are plentiful now.

XxthejuicexX
05-27-2016, 12:55 PM
I have no idea how the yellow bass got into Old Hickory. Twenty years ago you didn't catch any. They are plentiful now.

Yep, JPP was the same way.

luckystratos
05-27-2016, 03:11 PM
Those yellow bellies are fighters for size. Never caught big one.

Travis C.
05-27-2016, 04:00 PM
Those yellow bellies are fighters for size. Never caught big one.

I lost a huge one boat side on Percy fishing the hybrid spring bite. I thought it was a small hybrid until my buddy noticed the yellow side flashes. He freaked out more than I did when it came off. Its was probably 2lbs and ate 1/4oz jig n fluke.