PDA

View Full Version : Good day at Dale Hollow.

Alphahawk
05-22-2016, 09:57 PM
Had a great 6 hours of fishing at Dale Hollow Lake today. Used a Bison colored Trout Magnet on a 3/32 ounce jig head. Fished pockets back in the coves......caught around 60 bluegill in 7-10 feet of water.........only a couple of shellcrackers. The bluegill at Dale Hollow really have me confused. I have an si sonar and am very good with it at finding bluegill beds....and I found around 25 beds...only there were no fish on them. I don't have a clue what the Gills are doing. Caught one female that was full of eggs...the rest were males but only a couple of the fish have bloody tails. I would catch sometimes only one in a pocket and in some pockets catch 5 or 6. Water temps were 74 degrees. I had to work hard to catch these fish today...had to keep moving from cove to cove and pocket to pocket. Shouldn't complain too much though. The Gills up there are just an awesome fish....and I still don't think I have got into the biggest ones yet. All I know is they put up a heck of a fight on SOS 2# test line. I used a Yamaga Blanks Blue Current TZ 6' 10" Jig Head Special UL rod. When these fish saw the boat they would dive straight down pulling drag and giving me all I wanted. Found a spot that the black perch were stacked up and got off of them quick after boating about 10....a largemouth happen to get in there today also. It was just a fun day to be out on the water. Will be tearing it up all week. Life is good!

Regards

Alphahawk
05-22-2016, 10:04 PM
More pics.....have more but for some reason will not upload.

Regards

jaybird
05-23-2016, 08:10 AM
Those are some great looking fish, Alpha!

Travis C.
05-23-2016, 08:21 AM
More pics.....have more but for some reason will not upload.

Regards

The computer has rejected them due to you reaching your fish upload limit for the year. :D

You are having a great one so far!