PDA

View Full Version : A rig choices

gordonc615
05-18-2016, 06:55 PM
Well as most of you guys have picked up I've got a passion for hybrid fishing as of late. I'm new to using A rigs so I was wondering .. as you troll with these things what bait choices do u use? What size Oz setups and colors do u find works best for a specific species? I've seen so many different fish caught with these things so I really want to add them to my arsenal. Any input would be great as I know it varies...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Travis C.
05-19-2016, 08:11 AM
Depending on the weight of the rig, get some 1/8 or 1/4 oz heads and 3"-4" white something with a kicking tail then your done. You can over complicate but you don't have to.

Good hooks are a must as well dealing with striped species.

jad2t
05-19-2016, 08:17 AM
I swore I'd never use one of those things but I got one for some later in the Spring Hybrid fishing and well, it does work. I forgot which one I have but it has 3 1/8oz jigheads with large 3/0 hooks. It's plenty sturdy for striped fish. Make sure you don't get weak hooks or a bigger fish will straighten them out.

Also, make sure you have a rod with some backbone or casting them is not going to be fun.

Pinwheeled
05-19-2016, 08:46 AM
I swore I'd never use one of those things but I got one for some later in the Spring Hybrid fishing and well, it does work. I forgot which one I have but it has 3 1/8oz jigheads with large 3/0 hooks. It's plenty sturdy for striped fish. Make sure you don't get weak hooks or a bigger fish will straighten them out.

Also, make sure you have a rod with some backbone or casting them is not going to be fun.

Like Jimmy said, make sure you have a rod that can handle it or you'll be miserable. I usually throw A-Rigs on my swimbait rod which is a 7'11" Heavy rated up to 3oz. I hardly feel them on that rod.

Dakota
05-19-2016, 08:58 AM
I use the squadron swimbait hooks with netbait trailer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spottedbass
05-19-2016, 10:56 AM
You want A-rigs that can hold up to stripers then here is the place to get them: http://www.kcschoolem.com/store/