PDA

View Full Version : Old Hickory tournament report

Dakota
05-16-2016, 04:29 PM
We fished OH Bass Anglers tournament Saturday which 15.81 won it and the big fish was 4.12. Most that fished it said it was a tough day. We made a long run from flippers to fish Drakes creek grass had some short fish. It didn't pay off like before. We had to get out of the wind it was a hurricane from the NW Geezz. So we started moving back down pass Shutes and fished main lake points where we saw bait. We started catching short fish, square bills did work well just no size only 2 keepers on the day. We found most fish on the main lake points for sure. I snagged a threadfin which are all of 4-5 inches now. Also we pulled a claw out from a crawfish and just so you know the color was green pumpkin with a little orange. I would start with that color!! We fished 1-15 ft with most caught under 5 ft. Water temp was 67.4 when we started and warmed up to 73.2. Still no topwater bite that I've seen. Anyone know the Shriners Hospital tournament results from the same day??

notorious
05-16-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm sure Flipper may know how to find the results if all else fails.

deezelteck
05-16-2016, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the report.. I had a very similar day Sunday. Was not fishing a tournament, just trying to find bigger fish.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

luckystratos
05-16-2016, 10:18 PM
Fished gambler tourney Sunday and only had 4 small keepers. Heard 20lbs won Shriners

oldhick
05-17-2016, 07:14 AM
Gambler Sunday took 12.5 to make top 10. We had just over 10. No real pattern at all as it was slow. I guess I'd say docks and wood were best. But 'best' is relative....

It was a grind for sure. I'm curious about topwater too. Have seen shad spawning, but it hasn't seemed to matter. I'm ready for a change of pace....

skillet
05-17-2016, 12:17 PM
We ran into a heavy shad spawn on Sunday as well and it didn't matter. Didn't see the first bass bust in it, didn't catch the first bass in or around it. I'm with you oldhick, I'm ready for a change of pace too. This lake is not fishing like it has the past 4-5 years. Last two years were phenomenal, this year...well let's just say I feel like I'm fishing a new lake every time I get on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk