PDA

View Full Version : My Biggest LARGE mouth on JPP Today!

SaltySportsmanTV
05-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Today was a fantastic day, with an absolutely stunning Sunrise!
Dirk AKA "Fishaholic" and I fished JPP, having not gone in quite some time
this trip was "on a whim".
With that being said and with weather, all conditions factored in it turned out to be a satisfying day, that was greatly needed.
Started off crack of dawn netting loads of live baits.
Then headed to known coordinates with the intentions on fishing for Striper and Hybrid. We were reading fish all around us but it was a slow bite with one good hook up on artificial we were not fortunate enough to see what it was but it peeled drag four times.
Shortly after we noticed Hybrid in the jumps!!! We reeled up fast and motored over to the top water action! Dirk hooked up and landed one and the bite slowed so we switched gears.
This is when the bass fishing the banks turned into my biggest LARGE mouth on JPP, when I set the hook I felt like it was the rock ledge but the "ledge" was a Large mouth bass, and boy did it ever start pulling back it was an exiting hard fight with my 10lb Abu outfit!
ALL in ALL it was a fun day on JPP Catching Hybrid and Largemouth!
I attached a couple pictures of the day!

luckystratos
05-14-2016, 09:53 PM
Good fish and a beautiful sunrise. How do people sleep late an miss something like that

notorious
05-15-2016, 05:55 AM
Great shot there Salty. JPP is full of fish go get some more and a few for the table.

chaseasl
05-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Awesome

gordonc615
05-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Was this the upper end or lower end? I've been searching for hybrids for the past 2 weekends not being able to find em in the usual places this time of year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SaltySportsmanTV
05-15-2016, 08:57 PM
Good fish and a beautiful sunrise. How do people sleep late an miss something like that
Thanks I appreciate that! That question lingers in my mind every time I have the opportunity to experience a picturesque setting such as that one.
Thanks again -

SaltySportsmanTV
05-15-2016, 09:00 PM
Great shot there Salty. JPP is full of fish go get some more and a few for the table.
Thank you much Notorious I agree, what a fantastic Fishery! I look forward to the next time, hopes on getting out there again soon!

SaltySportsmanTV
05-15-2016, 09:06 PM
Awesome
Thank you Chase ask!

SaltySportsmanTV
05-15-2016, 09:08 PM
Was this the upper end or lower end? I've been searching for hybrids for the past 2 weekends not being able to find em in the usual places this time of year

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
This was the lower end, the Hybrids are in the jumps in 10-15ft. Good luck out there!