PDA

View Full Version : Jpp hybrids

gordonc615
05-12-2016, 03:02 PM
Anybody had any luck lately with the hybrids or rockfish lately? Going to head out in the morning and try. Couple places midlake but didn't know if anyone has had some contact with em so I could save some time searching.
Thanks fellas! I'll keep yall posted if I have any success. I went out and caught some bluegill last night and will catch some shad in the morning so we'll see what happens....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

SAMBOLIE
05-12-2016, 05:57 PM
If anyone has any hot spots for blue gill and bass please post here so I will not have to waste time looking for them.

SAMBOLIE
05-12-2016, 05:59 PM
Sorry Gordon. I was not paying attention and thought I was responding to a post by Jimmy. :)

gordonc615
05-12-2016, 07:46 PM
No worries

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Gone fishing
05-12-2016, 10:27 PM
I marked a ton fish that I was sure we're hybrid but after 3 hours of working them I never landed one on the lower end. I'd personally work mid lake but that's just my opinion...

Heiny57
05-12-2016, 11:59 PM
Did you try live bait? They can be finicky.

agelesssone
05-13-2016, 07:07 AM
A lot of times you'll mark fish, drop live bait down to them and get a lot of short hits that bangs your rod in the holder. Bring up the bait and it's either gone, skinned, or bit in half.
That would be gar or catfish most likely.
If that happens a few times with no hybrids hooked up, pull lines and move. There may be a few hybrids there but most likely you'll wind up losing most of your bait to short hits.
Been there, done that, too many times.